Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There Something I'm Missing About The Hyena?

gooeylobster

Question

It is level 24 and I have a 30 Loki, 28 Latron, 27 Aklato, and 30 Dual Heat Swords. I am finding this fight to be absolutely impossible. I have no time to get his shield down before he shoots a missle that almost one-shots me. I have to stay on the move but that makes getting his shield down impossible since it recharges so fast. Not to mention he is crazy fast and is constantly spraying me with bullets. Is there a trick to this I'm not getting?

Shoot a leg.

Wrong one.

You need high, constant DPS to get through the Hyena and it is understandably difficult to Solo. You are especially at a disadvantage with Loki because his powers are relatively useless outside of decoy to buy you time. Latron is too slow, Aklato too weak, swords too dangerous to use long enough.

Play with others or get a more powerful, faster shooting gun.

Wrong one.

You need high, constant DPS to get through the Hyena and it is understandably difficult to Solo. You are especially at a disadvantage with Loki because his powers are relatively useless outside of decoy to buy you time. Latron is too slow, Aklato too weak, swords too dangerous to use long enough.

Play with others or get a more powerful, faster shooting gun.

Aklato one of the best options for pistols in the game... I did read the guide on warframe wiki and it appears to be unsoloable. Lame...

It's not unsoloable. You just need constant DPS ala Gorgon. Swords also aren't a bad bet given that Loki has access to Invis, meaning that all you have to do is keeping slashing away at him while he sits there derped.

Also Aklato is only a good starters option. If you're trying to solo bosses and you're underleveled then you better be packing multiple sets. i.e Gorgon and Afuris both modded with high reloads and Elec damage for Hyena.

It's not unsoloable. You just need constant DPS ala Gorgon. Swords also aren't a bad bet given that Loki has access to Invis, meaning that all you have to do is keeping slashing away at him while he sits there derped.

Also Aklato is only a good starters option. If you're trying to solo bosses and you're underleveled then you better be packing multiple sets. i.e Gorgon and Afuris both modded with high reloads and Elec damage for Hyena.

The Afuris has 20 accuracy where as the aklato has 100. I'm not sure what you mean by underleveled, as I'm nowhere close. You obviously don't know that if I go invis and run up and slash him, it will still trigger his stomp. I have had 0 problem soloing any other boss.

The Afuris has 20 accuracy where as the aklato has 100. I'm not sure what you mean by underleveled, as I'm nowhere close. You obviously don't know that if I go invis and run up and slash him, it will still trigger his stomp. I have had 0 problem soloing any other boss.

Aklato IS a starter to mid-game weapon, but it is in no way a very powerful gun against bosses. Afuris accuracy is only an issue at long range, short to medium your large amounts of bullets will be hitting with ease and should be enough to get through. It especially helps to have electricity damage as I believe it eats through shields faster and more easily damages/stuns automatons.

Other bosses don't have Hyena's shield regeneration, you need to change your weapons and tactics if you want to beat him. Also, getting an offensive warframe if you have one already would most likely be a better bet because as I said only Loki's decoy is of any use.

Edited by G3rman

Aklato IS a starter to mid-game weapon, but it is in no way a very powerful gun against bosses. Afuris accuracy is only an issue at long range, short to medium your large amounts of bullets will be hitting with ease and should be enough to get through. It especially helps to have electricity damage as I believe it eats through shields faster and more easily damages/stuns automatons.

Other bosses don't have Hyena's shield regeneration, you need to change your weapons and tactics if you want to beat him. Also, getting an offensive warframe if you have one already would most likely be a better bet because as I said only Loki's decoy is of any use.

I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that afuris does more dmg than the aklato. They are rated for the same damage. If one does more than the other, then that needs to be noted in-game.I am changing to the gorgon and kraken as well as equipping them with freeze damage mods.

I've solo'd Heyena a few times as Loki with a maxed Vandal. You need very fast fire rate to take down and keep down the shields. Invisibility is a key skill and should be spammed whenever your shields are low because it makes you invincible for the duration.

Shouldn't take more than the 600 Bullets that you get with the Vandal, however I always carry an ammo pack to be sure.

Edited by SecretDragoon

I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that afuris does more dmg than the aklato. They are rated for the same damage. If one does more than the other, then that needs to be noted in-game.I am changing to the gorgon and kraken as well as equipping them with freeze damage mods.

Those are base stats, it doesn't take into account the speed in which you are doing damage. Aklato are too slow and the Hyena will regenerate its shields faster than you can do damage, Afuris releases more bullets in a second and can get through with the right level/mods.

They do tell you in-game. It's that lovely thing called "Firing rate". As in if you have a six shooter and I have an Uzi, the bullets will do roughly the same amount of damage but I'm likely to kill more than you. Unless you're in a zombie apocalypse game where apparently Revolver > all.

They do tell you in-game. It's that lovely thing called "Firing rate". As in if you have a six shooter and I have an Uzi, the bullets will do roughly the same amount of damage but I'm likely to kill more than you. Unless you're in a zombie apocalypse game where apparently Revolver > all.

They've got the same fire rate. I have looked into it via some videos and the dps on the furis is higher, but you wouldn't know that from looking at in-game statistics which is beyond sad.

They've got the same fire rate. I have looked into it via some videos and the dps on the furis is higher, but you wouldn't know that from looking at in-game statistics which is beyond sad.

No game has in-depth statistics on its guns. That is keeping out mods and such; the Afuris shoots faster which is what you need to get through the shields of the Hyena. Its just simple logic the slower weapon will not get through.

No game has in-depth statistics on its guns. That is keeping out mods and such; the Afuris shoots faster which is what you need to get through the shields of the Hyena. Its just simple logic the slower weapon will not get through.

THEY ARE BOTH LISTED AT THE SAME FIRE RATE..... What do you not understand? How do you not find that misleading? Quit blindly defending the game and accept that it has flaws.I took your advice, but you refuse to admit that the statistics set up is vauge and outdated. Also, the fact that the statistics don't update when you place a mod, is equally as $&*&*#(%&.

Edited by gooeylobster

THEY ARE BOTH LISTED AT THE SAME FIRE RATE..... What do you not understand? How do you not find that misleading? Quit blindly defending the game and accept that it has flaws.

Then its flawed, what are you expecting us to say? This started with trying to give you advice and now you don't want to listen to what players say who have experience with the guns over just reading a bunch of numbers.

Lose the attitude and see what we are trying to tell you.

Then its flawed, what are you expecting us to say? This started with trying to give you advice and now you don't want to listen to what players say who have experience with the guns over just reading a bunch of numbers.

Lose the attitude and see what we are trying to tell you.

When did I fail to acknowlege what you've told me? I understand. I'm posting these frustrations with the statistics system so the devs can see and possibly fix the issue.

THEY ARE BOTH LISTED AT THE SAME FIRE RATE..... What do you not understand? How do you not find that misleading? Quit blindly defending the game and accept that it has flaws.I took your advice, but you refuse to admit that the statistics set up is vauge and outdated. Also, the fact that the statistics don't update when you place a mod, is equally as $&*&*#(%&.

You went from "I can't beat a boss so it must be broken" to "the game is doing it wrong." Guessing troll OP is troll *sigh*

If you even semi bothered to compare a semi-automatic to a fully automatic you'd realize that while it is possible for them both to have the same fire rate...it's not humanly possible. One is "lemme click this 80+ times" while the other is "Hold2win". They can both have the same rate of fire if you used a logitech controller or something maybe, but not via simple Kb&M.

Also don't rage at the devs in a "Players helping Players" thread. There's something called "Weapons Feedback" for that.