Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Reinforcements: New Weapons [With Pics!]

Krotalon

Hey, uh, I mentioned the Exora in my silly thread here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/130002-concept-female-corpus-boss-the-oracle/

Just letting you know because these weapons are awesome.

Thank you so much, YandereSamantha! It's very kind of you and thanks for the appreciation. I love your concept aswell and I voted +1 to your submission. Keep up the good work!

Very nice work OP.  I think I like the Zodiacs the most, since there is the best potential for a unique mechanic involving shield drain or something there.

Thanks! And yes, I mostly thought about some new cool mechanics involving shields. But they shouldn't be useless against HP/Armor, at least not before introducing some new enemies with very strong shields at the cost of their health points (Eridians from Borderlands anyone?).

The Exora and the knifes thing are pretty generic, but the GLACIO. THAT, needs to be a thing. However it shouldn't just be an Ignis but with an ice element instead of fire. I'm thinking it should spray a stream of liquid nitrogen. Instead of a straight gaseous stream, it should be an arced liquid stream.

Horizontally fired, it has about the same range as Ignis. Pointed at a higher angle though, it can go further than the Ignis. This is offset by the fact that its damage is reduced the further the target is from you.

Enemies struck by it, regardless of distance, are chilled and slowed. HOWEVER. If enemies are within a certain range (i.e. within slightly smaller than the Ignis range) and the spray is maintained on them for 2-3 seconds, they will freeze solid. When an enemy is frozen, they take bonus damage from physical attacks, such as bullets and blunt melee. Enough damage from these sources will shatter the ice for bonus damage. Given enough time they'll thaw on their own for no bonus damage (provided they are not still being sprayed). (This new frozen status ailment ought to be applied to Frost powers too)

I would SO make the Glacio if it worked something like that!

BTW, those pictures are friggin' beaut, they look almost like official images from the DE art team!

That's kind of what I thought about the Glacio, which is - as said - a RavenOfTheFlock's idea. I didn't get into deep details about mechanics and statistics; instead, I prefered to show you all the graphic concept/design of it. I'll leave the work on stats to someone else.

How did you make them so detailed? They would look right at home in a corpus settlement, in the hands of a soldier, being aimed at a warframe.

Well, you're just too kind. But thank you! To answer your question, they are probably 'so much' detailed because I stormed parts from existing weapons and nothing is really brand new on my designs.

Loved the weapons! But, shouldn't the Corpus always name their weapons with latin words finishing in A (well... there is the flux rifle and the obex... but...)?

I tried my best with names! Also, I didn't decide Glacio's name (see above why). Thank you anyway! (Psstt..! Flux Rifle isn't really a name and I hate how they named it!)

love the smg and the freeze gun would get them instantly, and I wonder the corpus concept of a Ogris would looks like? I could see it fire a mini black hole

i would like to request a explosive ammo cannon for a new corpus heavy

Thanks for the suggestions, Cryotech and Fedexgox. I'll take that into consideration for future concepts.

- - -

PLUS:

Thanks to everyone of you who replied to the topic and upvoted my submissions. All of this really went beyond my expectations. Now I am an happy person. :D

I can only toss in suggestions for more Corpus weapons.

A shotgun-type weapon that either fires a powerful pulse of energy in a cone, or fires multiple plasma bolts in a spread.

A launcher-type weapon that basically hurls plasma around as a huge ball.(Zanuka may have this though).

I can only toss in suggestions for more Corpus weapons.

A shotgun-type weapon that either fires a powerful pulse of energy in a cone, or fires multiple plasma bolts in a spread.

A launcher-type weapon that basically hurls plasma around as a huge ball.(Zanuka may have this though).

Watch livestream 17.

also a suggestion that the Exora, in favor of Damage 2.0, use hollow points for more crit damage

Seeing some variety in Corpus tech weapons would be a good change. Especially if the Corpus get to benefit from these weapons.

Not sure if DE will give us more "crewmen" to fight, but maybe some more robotics?

Would be nice if the corpus had actual soldiers instead of crewman lol or at least some humanoid combat droids but o well we will get more factions to fight in the future so I guess we have that to look forward to.

Edited by Archangelzz

Would be nice if the corpus had actual soldiers instead of crewman lol or at least some humanoid combat droids but o well we will get more factions to fight in the future so I guess we have that to look forward to.

Lore sadly says the corpus don't actually have an army of people, just robots.. It does mention that the Corpus are big into Arms Dealing...

Lore sadly says the corpus don't actually have an army of people, just robots.. It does mention that the Corpus are big into Arms Dealing...

That is true well at the very least they should have some humanoid combat droids but hopefully we will get some more corpus weapons would laugh so hard if they released a corpus laser sword.

I like how this has been on for so long and still getting attention, it deserves it. I think these designs are awesome and each one has a nice niche in the weapon builds, the glacio is the ice weapon we've needed, the exora is nice for armor piercing grineer without a necessity of mods (though mods help everything) and the zodiac seem like an amazing idea for charge based weapons, though im guessing they wont have as high charge damage, they would be armor slaughterers and be weapons you'd expect corpus to use against grineer, plus the looks, just plain awesome.

Edited by some_random_guy_1