Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

See This Room? Change It Back.

BL4CKL1STED

tE83ZlM.jpg

Make this walkway walkable again.

This one small change made this room 10 times more unbearable when it shows up. Honestly, it was better the way before, when you could jump off and respawn on the platforms on the bottom, or jump down, run across, then jump off.

This really makes it much harder to get around.

Another suggestion- add stuff so players can wall run across, or somehow make it across without having to take the elevators.

You were abusing a respawn mechanic..they fixed it so you actually have to traverse the map. From the top walkway you can wallrun to either elevator in a second, call the elevator and go down that way or edge yourself off from the top and fall to the bottom ledge.

Unnecessary.

My main point is the elevators ruin the pace of the game.

There's really no point for them to be in any map at any point. I once had a mission where there were 3 elevators (the small room with just the elevators) in a row. Two of them were really long ones. There's no reason for that kind of break of action in this game.

IMO that whole map should be one level, the elevators are pointless, and ruin the pace of the game, and that room was only tolerable before because there was a neat trick that let you bypass 99% of the headache that the room causes. Wall running is still too slow, especially if you need to wait for a stam recharge.

Its not slow at all. The wall run instance I am talking about literally takes one second to do for gettting across to the elevator.

The multi-leveled parts of the map are some of the best in my opinion. Elevators offer a temporary respite from the action, gives slower players a chance to catch up by stopping the rushers, and just fits with the aesthetics.

Edited by G3rman

Its not slow at all. The wall run instance I am talking about literally takes one second to do for gettting across to the elevator.

The multi-leveled parts of the map are some of the best in my opinion. Elevators offer a temporary respite from the action, gives slower players a chance to catch up by stopping the rushers, and just fits with the aesthetics.

Obviously I'm a rusher... even in the Rhino I am normally the first to the exit. One thing I don't like is when I feel the game forces me to slow down and go around. The only thing that room is good for is a shooting gallery of grineer/corpus, but the elevators break up the pace too much for it really to feel like it's in-place when you come in from the bottom of one side, and need to exit on the bottom of the other, and there's almost no enemies present.

You can still wallrun either way. Whether you do the vert run from the bottom to get the floor above you or the horizontal run to get from side to side. Also the elevators do actually make sense when you think about it from a lore stand-point. The only reason we can do a lot of the stuff that we can is due to the fact that we're more or less space ninja. The Grineer can't do the stuff we can. The Corpus can't though they may eventually build a mech too. The Infected sure as !@#& can't do it. So they need these elevators to be able to move around. You can say "Well we don't ever see them using them" but that's because the only time we even see them in the first place is when we're charging down at them ready to perform a lobotomy on them.

I would also like them to make that walkway part of the map again. I'm not a fan of utilizing dropoff respawns to get around, but you can actually wallrun up the side of the wall from the lowest level and backflip up onto the lower main floor. We need more neat tricks like this added to maps.

The Infected sure as !@#& can't do it. So they need these elevators to be able to move around.

Imagining Infested use elevator...

Charger: Yo bro, can you press the frickin button already.

Disruptor: I'M TRYING!!! This elevator seem to run out of power!!

Nah just make that walkway an illusion and turn that hole into a bottomless pit like when you glitch and fall through the map. You fall for a few minutes or so then the game just instantly kills you by dropping your HP to 0 but leaving your shield then dumps your corpse in some random map location and demands a revive be used to continue. :D

I'd like to be able to use that walkway at the bottom again to. It was always nice to jump down there, cross over to the other side and wallrun up one of the pillars. If the DEvs are not willing to make that walkway walkable again, then please just remove it. There's no use in having it there if we can't use it.