Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Remastered Corpus Defense Map is Terrible for enemy AI path finding (Get Stuck)

HideorEscape

Feedback: So today I did Sortie defense mission on the new remastered corpus tile set that is based on a large arena where you have to defend a hostage and it turned out terrible from the gameplay perspective. In every single spawn room the enemies got stuck everywhere in every corner of the map. The AI path finding for the enemies are completely off and they get stuck all the time or not know how to navigate the map properly. The entire defense map is too complex and too large. I ended up wasting 40 minutes searching for enemies in every single room that they spawn in at the end of every round. (1 of my team mates went afk in the middle of the game so maybe this caused enemies to get stuck in every room) Right at the very end while I was searching for enemies, my team forgot about the hostage and ended up failing right at the last wave...

Please DE, do something about this map, either make it smaller, more simpler or remove it and make a new smaller defense map. I would prefer the old classic corpus defense map to be remastered, it was nearly perfect as it was. The new one is absolutely terrible from the gameplay perspective. It looks very good but consider gameplay as a priority when you guys make a new map. Is it fun? Will it perform well? Will it have too many AI path finding bugs if its too complex?

The map is okay as an interception based map but not good as a hostage defense map at all!

Same here. Yesterday I did the sortie defence on Phobos. It took the team (of 4) 35 minutes to complete. We weren't just hanging around we were searching everywhere for new spawns. One team member said it was like playing hide and seek. The spawns were very infrequent and dispersed. 

The old corpus defence map was great, I loved that map as well as the old Jupiter Io one. I don't like this current corpus defence map , it's pretty, but over complicated with the large width and height. DE please do something with the spawns so it can be finished in the same time as other  sortie defence maps.

• 1 month later...

It took 17 minutes to finish 5 waves today.  There were enemies moving at walking speed instead of running, some enemies were just standing still and staring at random spots, and there was one enemy that spawned at the end of a wave, and the waypoint led me two rooms away to find him.  ROOMS.  He spawned 2 rooms away from the defense room.

Hey, DE, this is what we mean when we ask you to fix the AI.  There's something wrong if they do this when placed in a new environment.

• 2 months later...

I guess I'm going to bump this one.

The map isn't really a problem for interception, since it's on a fixed timer and it doesn't matter if the enemies get lost. But it's a problem for defense mission, where it takes twice the amount to finish the map.

This map was chosen multiple times in the last few days for void fissure mission. Please reconsider this map.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived