Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Series 3 Feedback

Vecasra

Since Nightwave Series 3 has finally came to an end, I collected some of my friends' and my own options about it.

Let's start with the "crime scene", most of us don't like it. The first reasons is because of the movement restriction. Being a Tenno means fast, jump, roll, dash...not like a slowly walking old man. I can understand that maybe the developers wanted to simulate a real crime scene situation (which everyone been as careful as possible), but the movement restriction truly ruined the gameplay experience. Also, the first-person point of view was giving me motion sickness. Another reason is its eye hurting and time wasting. Not only the evidences are usually small and hard to see, but also placed in random places which make it even more difficult to find it. Combine the two factors and there is slow paced and not-enjoyable gameplay experience.

I would suggest remove the movement restriction and make the evidences easier to find (such as automatically shows the evidences after searching for two minutes, make the evidences more recognizable within the environment, add some sounds when close to an evidence...etc.).

Next, the jumping platforms. There are three parts have some issue: the fragments requirement, the time limit, and the readability. The fragments requirement is pointless: if the developers didn't want the players to blindly trial and error, the combination possibility of evidences already preventing players from doing that. The time limit is pointless as well: I don't even know why it exist. The last one is about the readability of the evidences. Even though I didn't encounter this issue myself, some of my friends said they were having difficulty to distinct the evidences due to the color, shape, and the background.

I would suggest remove the fragments requirement and the time limit, and make the evidences easier to read.
(...or honestly, just remove this part, it feels pointless at all)

The lase one is about the boss encounter. Although I'm not against mechanic encounter, I really don't think making our gears totally useless and one-shot are good ideas (well, technically it’s not "totally" useless since the Arcanes can provide two revives, but you know what I mean). Also, the glass shard has a very slow projectile speed and heavily arc make it annoying hard to throw. Lastly, during phase two and three, sometimes Nihil would just teleport around without shooting the glass.

I would suggest to make our gear somehow useful, such as increase damage, moving speed...etc. (it might be impossible due to the nature of the encounter, just some suggestion for future encounters design). Remove the one-shot mechanic, make it like "only one-shot when been slow by the glass". And increase the frequency he shots glass shard during phase two and three. Also, please don't add any punishment to fall out of platforms in order to "balance" it.

Lore-wise I feel it’s an interesting story and I have no problem at all, but some of my friends feel quite confused about the story (not dislike, but unclear). Maybe there is a better way to tell the story? I can't give any suggestion about this part since I have no idea how to do that.

I know this feedback might be harsh, and I believe the development team must have put a lot of time and effort in the series, but the gameplay experience really wasn't good for us. I hope this feedback may provide some useful info for future development.

Honestly, 5th crime scene had a evidence piece that wasn't even in my game, great, i trial and errored it till i ran out of tries, coming up to the boss fight on my last try i had the sudden urge to destroy my entire setup from how HORRIBLE the boss fight is, there is not real indication what to do, my friends told me to destroy the crystals with my previous evidence, well they almost all were my previous evidence so yay, still didn't know what do, after trial and error on that i go the boss to the last bar of health 2 hits away from it being dead, guess what, boss turns into #*!% you mode and decides to destroy every platform but 3 and then just swoop me off everytime.

Totally agree with the first point, we need the assassin's creed's eagle vision for the clues.

I have no issue with the jumping platforms but god damn they could put the entire dialogue after all the puzzle, the first time I failed it was because I jumped the first platform and read what the glassmaker had to say (the time ran over) and the resonance's requirement is quite strange... let's say I want to repeat everything in 2 years aaaand nothing I can't cuz the cephalites are no more meaning I can't get resonances anywhere.... I hope.

I liked the fight cuz I felt what I had to felt, lorewise the glassmaker is a very powerful being he could wipe the entire galaxy with only thinking and we are fighting is his "world" so it makes sense that we cannot use weapons nor abilities and this reminded me of the scarecrow from the Arkham series so hell yeah I liked it.... but wow the aim with the glass fragment sucks.

One thing I want to say is that this story was way to deep to be treated like a nightwave thing, we saw a lot of things that should be from a quest or even two quests. The first nightwave was the best in this cuz the tank of saturn six was a badass-looking kind of familiar enemy who was mad as a goat and went in a killing spree but overall he was another character with almost no intriguing past and wasn't such a big deal lorewise, it hinted the amalgams, it hinted a bit of the grineer society and that was all, a campfire story and this should be the stories from nightwave.

Archived