Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] A tweak to Railjack base objectives to improve Solo play.

Shifty_Shuffler

Hi, 

I'm currently getting into Railjack, I find it quite fun to play but there is one aspect of certain missions that I find a tad tedious which I think could be tweaked for solo play. Namely the mini bases like the starship destroyer platform or asteroid hanger. As a Solo player you have to exit your Railjack, enter base, find and shoot reactor inside, teleport back to Railjack, shoot reactor, shoot the 2 Ram Sleds that spawn, exit Railjack, enter base, find and shoot another reactor, teleport back to Railjack, shoot reactor, shoot 2 Ram Sleds that spawn, exit Railjack, enter base and finally do final objective. This works fine for a team, but as a solo player it is very tedious, so I suggest that this part of the mission is tweaked a little for solo play.

A few of ideas.

1. You only have to destroy 1 reactor before the final objective.

2. Instead of having to keep going back and fourth between the railjack and base, you do all the interior base objectives one after another, skipping the need to shoot the external reactor parts with the railjack/archwing.

3. Have a beacon we can drop inside the base, that we can teleport back to, helping to ease some of the steps needed to complete this objective.

If anybody else has another other suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Points of Interest absolutely need redesigned to be solo friendly.  

Shifty your going back to your ship or the exernal parts which I get and understand but alot of people just run back to the entrance and take out the externals in AW (fluctus will cut through space stations externally(NOT internally i tried lol), so you dont even have to fly around, just point and shoot. 

Both methods are freaking tedious as hell though.  

I kinda like your idea of being able to set recall spots inside the base....however I would still hate what this means for your RJ.   Getting close to POI's with your RJ is a pretty deadly affair.  Missiles, lasers, ramsleds.  Your either suppose to be highly active around bases to deal with all those things OR not go near the damn things in the first place.  I find it ludicrous you would park your ship inside a POI killzone while you go do the internal stuff lol.   Or park it outside of the range of everything and duck in and shoot the externals and then retreat a safe distance.

These are places that are suppose to be DEATH traps for RJ and yet you need the RJ to disable them???   It was such a stupid design.  Maybe they though POI should be etting swarmed with AW's......thats again incredibly stupid.   People are going to fly around and chill outside of a missile base were they get one hit killed ???

POI's + external parts = stupid.  

-------------------

It takes 5 minutes to clear the map of fighters and crewships.   To do the POI stuff takes 40+ minutes most of which is just mindless running around and teleporting.  

------------------

I would be more than happy doing 5 minute endless type missions per POI.   Defense/survival/disruption/excavation... 

It would also be awesome if POI's had treasure rooms instead of crap spread over the entire map..... Just for the sake of saving time.   Maybe have treasure room gaurd who holds the key that opens the door to the room.  Cant get in unless you kill that guy.    Same number of containters/lockers as now  or decrease the number but up the resources inside...  

------------------

Despite RJ revisions and patches   POI's still launch ramsleds when dead..........  So do disabled crewships....   

-------------------

POI's are one of the main reasons I dont spend time in RJ.  That time sink is brutal.   But POI's also cause another huge headache for RJ.  If you are feeling masochistic and run RJ missions with random squads... people will rush POI's to try and clear them from the mission ASAP (ignoring the loot inside).  But more importantly this is REALLY bad for the effeciency of the mission.... when people go AW in a RJ mission fighters focus on the AW tenno so the AW tenno drags all the fighters into the killzone of POI's making the RJ pilots job incredibly more harder.   Not only that but new crewships tend to prioritize spawning around AW/on foot tenno first.    Again often making new crewships spawn either very far away from RJ or within the killzones of POI.    

Long story short... people jumping off your ship early to deal with POI's and help save time... actually make things take much longer/waste resources because you force RJ to take more damage than was necessary chasing fighters and crewships.

-----------------

I think POI's should be LOCKED until an RJ blows the doors off or disabled turrets/missiles that would rip AW's to shreds.  This would let pilots dictate when there is an actual point to leave the ship.   I could run around and deal with fighters/crewships in 5 minutes and THEN open the POI's...  which would also have the benefit of letting more than one person run through a POI.  

Archived