Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee silence soundquake rework

JackHargreav

I just had an idea that might be interesting. 

So silence would still have the usual effects to it but it woul also be able to drop down some sort of ghost like decoys if an enemy notices the player. Not for every single enemy within it's area but just ones who get alerted. If the player moves on the decoys would stay behind for a few seconds once they are out of the ability's radius otherwise they stay until the ability runs out of duration. 

And maybe enemies wouldn't be able to see Banshee outside of the ability's range.

Fir soundquake I'd just turn the ability into a stationary ability that would cc enemies for some time but without forcing Banshee to stay in place, knocking down enemies.  Additionally after the ability runs out of duration, for few seconds the enemies have a chance to stumble (get stunned) making them unable to shoot. And maybe increase the chance for parazon finishers.

I can see the direction you're going into with her 4. Her augment does that - kind of - without a duration of course. Maybe something the augment could be changed into. Would probably also be fine if it was like that at base.

Regarding Silence: I don't see it. Ghosts/decoys have nothing to do with silencing or her theme for me. Seems like an auto-molt/auto-(Loki)decoy to me. Enemies not being able to see her outside of the range basically means giving her an optional invisibility if you mod negative range.

The problem with Silence pretty much always was and still is (or at least as long as I remember) that it isn't recastable while it's active to reliably restun and that you have to run out of range and back into range to trigger a restun. If one of those two things didn't exist - either if it was recastable or if it would restun while still in range - Silence would be pretty much on the same level as other A- and S-class cc abilities in my opinion. Either option (or both) would also be a simple solution. Granted the base range might have to be lowered to avoid another Mirage Prism situation but then again stuff like Limbo, Khora or perma-stun Nyx (and other large scale hard cc I forgot or am too lazy to list) already exist.

22 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

Regarding Silence: I don't see it. Ghosts/decoys have nothing to do with silencing or her theme for me. Seems like an auto-molt/auto-(Loki)decoy to me. Enemies not being able to see her outside of the range basically means giving her an optional invisibility if you mod negative range.

Well I was going more with the spirit theme there. I think Banshees are that, right? Some kinda loud spirit or whatever. So I was like why not make her summon some ghost thingies?

But it doesn't matter really. I just want silence to be a better cc and or sneaking ability. Which could be fixed with your suggestion too. Tho honestly I'd really want to have a range based invisibility. Tho I don't know if that would make her a bit too powerful with the augment.

Archived