Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 200 Mission Challenge

Prof.-Luigi

Brothers, Sisters, fellow Tenno! It is of no news to you all by now that we are caught in a conflict which, due to it's nature, has our ranks split in two.

On one hand, the Corpus has stolen many cryopods to use for their own profit and, no doubt, against us in the future. On the other hand, the Grineer are trying to take over some of the Corpus territory, and thereby expand their Grineer empire. On one hand we cannot allow the abuse of our long sleeping kin, and on the other we cannot empower our arch enemy.

Many Tenno have thus taken sides, giving up their morals and honor to serve the lesser of two evils, some seeking redemption for their kin from the corpus, some seeking to make sure the scourge of the Grineer stays contained, and some merely seeking the promise of new weapons.

This is not how we should operate. We need to show our enemies that we require not either of their services. We need to send a message to both sides, show that the Tenno will stand up for itself and no one else!

One solution to the problem is to not get involved, but seeing as the promise of new weapons are far too tempting, and we must show our power, there is only one other way.

I propose to you the 200 Mission Challenge. In this challenge, we shall commit to playing exactly 100 missions for each side of the conflict. This will teach a lesson to both sides, weakening both sides, and in return we got profit from both sides. There is no better solution. I myself shall make every effort to make this goal a reality.

So, will you join me Brothers? Shall we take on the challenge Sisters? Let all Tenno show the system that no mere moral controversy can break our ranks!

Join me for the 200 Mission Challenge!

Thank you.

Addendum:

It has come to my attention that doing both sides will end up iin a large loss in profit. This is true in some sense, but if you do it cleverly, we can still profit.

If you seek a mission's individual award, and if you alternate between factions, you will end up with nothing. This can be fixed by doing all your missions for one faction on one area of conflict, and your other faction's missions in another area, depending on what reward you want.

The total end goal rewards will not be affected if you alternate between factions.

Thank you.

Edited by Prof.-Luigi

But if you support one side it subtracts from another. so you'll end up with 0 missions for both by the end. 

I wonder about that. On a livestrem they said you could do 50 of one and 50 of the other and at the end do, you only have to do 1 more mission for the side that is winnnig and get the top tier rewards.

Edited by BIossome

But if you support one side it subtracts from another. so you'll end up with 0 missions for both by the end. 

Except you profit from nothing since each mission will cancel out the other side's mission.

It has come to my attention that doing both sides will end up iin a large loss in profit. This is true in some sense, but if you do it cleverly, we can still profit.

If you seek a mission's individual award, and if you alternate between factions, you will end up with nothing. This can be fixed by doing all your missions for one faction on one area of conflict, and your other faction's missions in another area, depending on what reward you want.

The total end goal rewards will not be affected if you alternate between factins.

Thank you.

Edited by Prof.-Luigi

Considering the rewards are based on simple majority (50%+1) if do an even number of missions on both side I do not know what will happen. I doubt you will "cheat" it and get both rewards. I am pretty sure you will get one of the two on a roll of dice, so cross your fingers it's going to be the winning side. I can't wait to see all the whining threads when this obvious conclusion will happen.

Wish they would flesh it out more.

The realist in me says sacrifice a few tenno to contain the grineer who are definitely the bigger threat, and then turn on a weakened corpus.

But then what if the frames corpus salvage gives them the same power we have? How is lotus explained in whar is a tenno civil war

Each mission cancels the other for tier rewards.

Do you believe the devs wouldn't have thought, "What if they do 100/100 then +1 for the winner?.... Nahh, let's just pretend we don't notice this massive flaw which renders the "losing reward" useless since everybody will put that last +1 for the winner."

Please, all you 100/101 or 50/51 people keep doing what your doing. I'll laugh when you realise you don't qualify for the tier 2 or 3 rewards.

This is incorrect.  If you click your name you can look at the mission count you have for each, I for example, have 40 for each right now.  We've been explicitly told it's 100 missions period, and 51/49 will yield the weapon of choice, or 51/50 or whatever you want to do.

Each mission cancels the other for tier rewards.

Do you believe the devs wouldn't have thought, "What if they do 100/100 then +1 for the winner?.... Nahh, let's just pretend we don't notice this massive flaw which renders the "losing reward" useless since everybody will put that last +1 for the winner."

Please, all you 100/101 or 50/51 people keep doing what your doing. I'll laugh when you realise you don't qualify for the tier 2 or 3 rewards.

except the info about those numbers got clarified during the prime time livestream so yeah you can do 50/51 for tier 2/3

This is incorrect.  If you click your name you can look at the mission count you have for each, I for example, have 40 for each right now.  We've been explicitly told it's 100 missions period, and 51/49 will yield the weapon of choice, or 51/50 or whatever you want to do.

^pretty much this,the subtraction thing applies to the learderboards where you have to stay loyal in order to accumulate points;rewards wise its just 100 total missions but for tier 3 you have to make sure you have more of one than the other so 49/51,25/75 and so on.

Edited by XSuzumeX

The total end goal rewards will not be affected if you alternate between factins.

Thank you.

Depends what you see profit as. If you don't care about the event badge, exclusive melee, or the new weapons then yea, you lose a lot. 

If you only care about credits and resources then you can profit greatly.