Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

+++ News: The War In Numbers! +++

Ced23Ric

#### Update - News from the Moon & Mountain Clans!

The war goes on, but as the dust settles on the battles gone by, the true Tenno emerge. The Loyalists are holding their ground and defeat after defeat plagues the Dissidents.

percent3.png

Martialis has, after over 25 hours, fallen to the Dissidents. But as they so bitterly won that battle, they lost both Vallis and Silvanus, and Arval is following suit quickly, now that all Loyalists are free'd up from their fights. With the might of the full Tenno Loyalists force, the Dissidents will not see much foothold left soon.

Here are the clans:

Moon Loyalists:

gravidus_moon3.png

Warbros takes no more prisoners, and ramps up the game by adding another 2000 points to their already remarkable lead above all other clans. TW & TW Prime finally caught up, two clans doing the work amount of one of their better. Together, these three clans contribute the majority of the combined Loyalist effort - with 44% of the share.

Broframe, with a total gain of 2300 points across four clans is now finally picking up the pace, while WFJ IGA adds another 1300 and goes past Asuro and GTC, which both gained a solid 1000 points. Remembering these warriors of old, it is good to see that they have found their roles in support of the Loyalist cause. Asuro, GTC and Broframe combined contribute a total of 30% of the combined impact of the Top 16 moon clans.

Reddit adds 700 points, slowing down in their advancement, not keeping up with the pack but with their healthy total of 4650, they stay in the mid field of the Top 16. The other clans add a total of 2600 to the entire pool.

The Moon clans now push almost 85000 points!

Mountain Loyalists:

gravidus_mt_grin2.png

The Hidden Vault and RotFL add 500 each, French Corporation adds 400, passing by Blackmist, who only added 300. The rest of the field shuffles around, but stays the same across the board.

Overall gains: 3250 points. Keep up the fight!

Moon Dissidents:

gravidus_corp2.png

Crescent Moon adds a meager 900 points, Uniframe adds 800, UTL adds a mere four points. Signs of erosion? A shift in policy? Admitting defeat? Down to rank #7 were are seeing almost negliable increases. But then, the message hits home: The scores are dropping. The Moon clans of the Dissidents are changing their minds. After seeing the truth, they are stepping down and join the Loyalist side! Elite Tenno drop by 30 points, Lone Rangers by 200, Polish Hussars by 90!

Come back into the fold, Tenno. Repent and help undo the damage you have done!

Overall gain and losses: 1500 points gained - less than the Mountain Loyalists a bracket below them!

Mountain Dissidents:

gravidus_mt_corp2.png

EGT increases their treachery by 700 points, Tenno Alliance gains 250 points - not enough to stop Legion Orokin from claiming #2 of the Dissidents, with a gain of  350. The Saints Warriors add another 300, and the rest follows with meager gains as well.

Overall gains: 1850. Again, less than the Moutain Loyalists.

This is truly a memorable fight. At the end, the Tenno will be saved, despite those that fight on the wrong side. May your resolve hold fast, Tenno. The war is over when your brothers and sisters are home, safe and sound.

Edited by Ced23Ric

that doesn't explain why they are willing to spend so much resources for our help.

If we fight FOR them they don't have to fight AGAINST us, don't you think? Really, that's basic strategy man. Even Ruk can think this.

Why fight when you can pay?

And in all this it's Corpus that end up looking like total idiots, because this is something that should have been done by Corpus.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

If we fight FOR them they don't have to fight AGAINST us, don't you think? Really, that's basic strategy man. Even Ruk can think this.

Why fight when you can pay?

And in all this it's Corpus that end up looking like total idiots, because this is something that should have been done by Corpus.

Of course, a profiteering money-driven scumbag like Alad V would go to this 'strategy' without a second thought.

But Ruk.. Sargas Ruk is a fighting general.

A fighting general thinks thus: Why pay when you can fight?

Of course, a profiteering money-driven scumbag like Alad V would go to this 'strategy' without a second thought.

But Ruk.. Sargas Ruk is a fighting general.

A fighting general thinks thus: Why pay when you can fight?

A general usually knows when it's better to NOT fight. That's the whole point of being an officer. Using your brain.

Seriously, a team of 4 dudes can wipe out an entire galleon's worth of his best marines, and can go on indefinetly.

It's vastly cheaper to hand them off some orokin cells or credits or random blueprints the Grineer don't use than losing half your army to stop 4 dudes.

Because making the Grineer clones and their equipment does have a cost after all.

A general usually knows when it's better to NOT fight. That's the whole point of being an officer. Using your brain.

Seriously, a team of 4 dudes can wipe out an entire galleon's worth of his best marines, and can go on indefinetly.

It's vastly cheaper to hand them off some orokin cells or credits or random stuff than losing half your army to stop 4 dudes.

Precisely, now you understand.

Now you understand why Ruk is unlikely to double-cross the Loyalists and kill the captive Tenno. Because the fish he wants to fry are the Corpus. Because he's fully aware of what we're capable of. 

It's vastly cheaper to hand them off some orokin cells or credits or random blueprints the Grineer don't use than losing half your army to stop 4 dudes.

and a greedy merchant knows nothing but pay people off.

at least a general has some pride and actually will fight on occasion.

Precisely, now you understand.

Now you understand why Ruk is unlikely to double-cross the Loyalists and kill the captive Tenno. Because the fish he wants to fry are the Corpus. Because he's fully aware of what we're capable of. 

Once that he has finished with Corpus (and the event is ended) it's back to businness as usual with us killing them as we please to farm mods and materials anyway (*cough*Serration/Flow*cough*). So why have MORE of us killing them?

That's a basic scam. The fun part is that you won't realize this until too late.

and a greedy merchant knows nothing but pay people off.

at least a general has some pride and actually will fight on occasion.

Both are more or less the same.

They have a budget and objectives to reach. The general usually has more budget and harder objectives.

It isn't like merchants never ever made their own army when necessary and possible within their budget.

At these levels you are either efficient or you get steamrolled by the opposition, or even internal strife.

Both are more or less the same.

They have a budget and objectives to reach. The general usually has more budget and harder objectives.

It isn't like merchants never ever made their own army when necessary and possible within their budget.

Generals = Merchants

the lengths traitors go to to justify their actions, ladies and gentlemen.

Once that he has finished with Corpus (and the event is ended) it's back to businness as usual with us killing them as we please to farm mods and materials anyway (*cough*Serration/Flow*cough*). So why have MORE of us killing them?

Again, precisely. It's back to regular business. So I'd rather go back to business with more of us killing them, rather than more of the Corpus killing us, this time with vivisected, augmented Tenno against us.

Yeah, because war is about thumping your chest and showing the bigger penis.

Wrong.

There are objectives, just like with everything else. Fighting is just ONE way of reaching the objective.

Merchants don't know how to fight. They only know how to use money.

Generals know how to fight. Sometimes they do not.

See the difference now?

Yea Ced.... yea maybe. Or maybe I just want to the the whole galaxy burn. I am in league with no one. I have no allies or true affiliation

to any side at all. This is simply a means to how things must be. You better hope not to meet me in battle. In fact....I may even give you a little visit from time to time to say "hello".

Is your color scheme red and black? Are you 13 and no one understands your pain? Corpus wants you!

#### Urgent update: Martialis has fallen to the Dissidents and the Corpus.

After a battle of over 25.2 hours, the Loyalists and Grineer were finally forced out of the Martialis conflict. In what can only be described as an act of the utmost valor, staunch Loyalists have kept the Dissidents and Corpus from taking the node for over a day, repelling wave after wave of attackers. Dug in to the trenches of Martialis, with raiding parties striking against the Corpus troops and their treacherous assistants, the Loyalists finally had to give way.

Remember the fallen. Remember the battle that the Loyalists lost, but may have caused them to win the war. silvanus was taken, while the Dissidents were bound in Martialis. Vallis is rapidly falling into Grineer hands, as Loyalists are burning through the Corpus and their henchmen with ease. Remember the ultimate sacrifice the Loyalists made to give up Martialis inch by inch, only soaked in the blood of the Dissidents and Corpus.

It is time to come home and fight another battle, brothers and sisters. You fought well. Your fellow in captivity thank you.

Remember Martialis!

I tried and I failed. I'm so sorry ;-;

t8QWYZ6.jpg

Merchants don't know how to fight. They only know how to use money.

Generals know how to fight. Sometimes they do not.

See the difference now?

Your ignorance is appalling.

Generals deal with strategy, which is basically logistics, supply lines, keeping stuff covered, and great maneuvers of redirection to confuse the enemy.

Merchants (at a decent level) deal with what? Logistics (again), supply lines, and they call marketing the redirection to confuse the enemy.

The fighting part (who to shoot NOW) is dealt with by the lower officers that are actually close to the action. Centralizing so much to a single person would lead to full army paralyisis.

What happens when merchants hire mercenaries that count as lower officers? What about the East India Company? They had military, ships and forts.

WooT!

Under the Lotus... you may have decided to join the Corpus, but I have not.

One member of your group continues to fight with the Grineer.

For the Prodigal Pancake Prophet, Skree.

For the Artistic Genius, Yuikami.

For the fear of UnicornFrame.

HiddenKharma shall go against the tides of his clan, and support the Grineer.

"Let's Break open some Nintendo Wii headed, credit grubbing Toilet-Seat wearing Corpus.."

"My mother always told me... never trust a man who wears a toilet seat around his neck."

-HiddenKharma

Your ignorance is appalling.

Generals deal with strategy, which is basically logistics, supply lines, keeping stuff covered, and great maneuvers of redirection to confuse the enemy.

Merchants (at a decent level) deal with what? Logistics (again), supply lines, and they call marketing the redirection to confuse the enemy.

The fighting part (who to shoot NOW) is dealt with by the lower officers that are actually close to the action. Centralizing so much to a single person would lead to full army paralyisis.

What happens when merchants hire mercenaries that count as lower officers? What about the East India Company? They had military, ships and forts.

WooT!

Ruk is Orange. Orange is kinda like Red.

Red makes things move faster.

Ruk is fast by proxy.

Fast wins games.

Ruk wins games.

Grineer is the best.

Warbros wins.

#Flawlesslogic

Ruk is Orange. Orange is kinda like Red.

Red makes things move faster.

Ruk is fast by proxy.

Fast wins games.

Ruk wins games.

Grineer is the best.

Warbros wins.

#Flawlesslogic

RED WUNS GO FASTA!!!!

you actually see the difference. in no way does the general deal with 'marketing'.

for him to purposefully go out of his way to pay somebody off speaks volumes.

however, it's all a merchant can do well.

i have nothing to be jealous of, atleast I get to have a life which is all that I appreciate.

Where did I see this before...

Since this thread seems to be a Grineer-supporting stronghold,  I will just put this here too :

[Transmission from Xeonyx, in the name of the Hounds of Orion]

My fellow Tennos,
We are currently given a tough choice, and we have already broken our precious unity. This must cease immediately, because this choice is a false one. Both Alad V and Sargas Ruk are trying to use us as their tools. We cannot accept that, but we shouldn't refuse the unexpected opportunity they are offering us either. We must do what is best for our own kind. And it is to help the Corpus, even if it sounds absurd at first.

The way I see it, if we fight for the Grineer they will probably seize some or even the totality of the frozen Tennos while we are not looking. And their influence would be strengthened twice. Because of the new lands they would control and the Tennos they would enslave.

But if we instead fight alongside Alad V, the Grineer position will be weakened and they will be too busy healing their wounds to threaten us while we betray our Corpus "allies", true to the name they give us. Furthermore, all the Tennos in stasis will be easier to retrieve if they all stay together in the hands of Alad V.

Additionally, the Corpus do probably have a handful of research data on the Orokin technology that we could steal from their servers while they think we obey them. They may even have more information on the Orokin and Lotus than ourselves. Don't you wan't to know who they really were ? Don't you want to discover where we come from and who we serve ? Don't you wan't to retrieve all those memories you lost when you woke up from your long, cold night ?

I do, fellow Tennos, above all else. As unanimously do the Hounds Of Orion. We will hunt alongside Alad V, but only to bite him stronger afterwards.

Be strong Tennos, stand united. True to our values, free from any masters, be it the Grineer Council, the Corpus Board or even our very own Lotus. Helping Alad V is the best way for us to grow stronger. Join us, allow them to use you as their sword, when in reality you are no other than the knife which will slip their throat when they fall asleep.

[End of transmission]

---

From an out-of-character point of view, I think supporting the Corpus is a better option for the future of the lore. Grineer have to much predominance already. I would like to learn more about the Corpus, and I suspect DE would do it sooner than later, and with more depth, if they were to win this "war". Not to mention that fighting indoctrinated Tenno in the future could be ... interesting, to say the least.

Alad V is also said to know a lot about the Orokin, the Void and even the Tennos themselves. Developping his character would probably lead to revealing a bit more about all this.

---

In-character and as a final note :

"This conflict clearly shows that Lotus is not a good leader. At all. No commander in its right mind would tell his/her army to split in two groups, with each one helping an enemy faction. This is absurd. If she really cared about our kind, she would have searched more intel regarding the location of the stolen pods, and sent us to retrieve them while the Corpus and Grineer are fighting to death.

But she did not, and I refuse to trust her anymore. We are nothing but tools to her. It is time for us to rely only on ourselves and become free of any master. To accomplish this, we need knowledge. The Corpus are scientists, greedy sure, but scientists and researchers nonetheless. They are the ones who know the most about the Orokin technology and maybe even about ourselves. We need to steal it from them, and to accomplish this, we need to take them off-guard. We need to get them to trust us. And this conflict is an opportunity to get this done. Now.

So yeah, in the end I help the Corpus in the name of "the greater good". But the greater good of the Tennos. Because when it becomes even more clear that everyone is using us as disposable tools, the sacrifice of a few Tennos will look a fair price for the knowledge that will free us all from their schemes."

Edited by Xeonyx

Except yall don't advertise as hardcore in the /wfg/ and yall bully out any attempts to create a casual /vg/ guild

I have like 67 runs total and I'm right here grinding in the forums.

You can hardly call me hardcore.

Maybe you're just frustrated? Take a break.