Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Overhaul

(NSW)rom3ro

My mantra in life goes by the phrase "less is more" and I believe that this can also apply to Warframe.

As a gamer driven by story and gameplay, I was hooked at the very first cinematic.

I found the number of nodes (for each planet) becoming tedious, as I'm more interested in being part of the latest events (e.g. Switch 2nd year anniversary @ Eris or Deimos), but I feel the repitiveness of doing the same missions at "different planets".

As a new player, I was most intrigued with the open worlds (as far as I see it, this is the future of Warframe). Don't get me wrong, farming has always been a massive part of this game (as my research shows), but change will always be accepted or unaccepted.

My favourite part (so far) is Fortuna, it had given me this feeling for RPG games that only the first Mass Effect game has given me. I felt immersed in their colony, like I was becoming a part of their society and slowly learning its history.

I know there may be haters on my opinion seeing Warframe's potential changing from a node-by-node (i.e. mission-to-mission) style to a more open world game.

(not saying to completely remove the nodes, more drastically remove most, to reduce feelings of repititiveness and that although farming is one of the main things in Warframe, readjusting drops/loot/crafting material, so it feels more of a secondary task, while keeping it fair - which many of the original players may go against).

Anyway~ my main point I'm trying to get across is that please focus on building more on the open worlds, storyline and characters (and the rest will hopefully follow suit - i.e. gameplay mechanics (which are already pretty awesome), graphics ai, warframe/weapon/pet builds, etc.)

As I'm new to this game (and only started 3 weeks ago), I believe you'll be able to attract a new player-base of those like me (especially with open world games, becoming more popular and plausible as our technology advances).

On a second note, Conclave is pretty dead on the Switch. That might need an overhaul too. Cross-platform may solve this, but I understand of business and legal problems :/

But what might attract more players to try Conclave are special modes (e.g. all melee weapons only FFA, limited lives, etc.) or events such as on Rocket League, keeping the vibe casual, but fun at the exact same time. Also greatly reducing round time from 10mins to (5 or 2mins), as the preceding is more than enough and feels like it drags on for too long when someone's dominating. imo

Kind regard,

Filo4Lif3 (Switch)

You probably want to look at the games development history abit more before making a long post like this. (Not a jab, just saying)

Firstly, the nodes are spread so that you can play most types of objectives at each difficulty level as the planets get stronger. Few actually repeat in a single planet (they used to). This allows greater flexibility, seeing as its also split between 3 races.

Since the release of Cetus and the PoE, they've constantly been working on a new open world (now having released 3). Problem is, it takes them about 1-2 years to make one.

As a veteran, i can say confidently that the current node system is fine. (Im currently re-running it in steel path right now). If you slimmed down the number of nodes, you'd make it even more grindy and repetitive, as you'd do all the same missions you do now, just with a smaller pool of maps to choose from.

I can understand how you can come to your conclusion, but thats probably because as you've said, you are new to the game. Once you get to the larger end game content modes, you'll likely gain a new appreciation for the variety of locations and enemies.

As for conclave, its pretty much dead over all. Like Lunaro, it'll probably be left as it is, but its not likely its going to get an overhaul.

On 2020-11-24 at 9:31 AM, chaotea said:

You probably want to look at the games development history abit more before making a long post like this. (Not a jab, just saying)

Firstly, the nodes are spread so that you can play most types of objectives at each difficulty level as the planets get stronger. Few actually repeat in a single planet (they used to). This allows greater flexibility, seeing as its also split between 3 races.

Since the release of Cetus and the PoE, they've constantly been working on a new open world (now having released 3). Problem is, it takes them about 1-2 years to make one.

As a veteran, i can say confidently that the current node system is fine. (Im currently re-running it in steel path right now). If you slimmed down the number of nodes, you'd make it even more grindy and repetitive, as you'd do all the same missions you do now, just with a smaller pool of maps to choose from.

I can understand how you can come to your conclusion, but thats probably because as you've said, you are new to the game. Once you get to the larger end game content modes, you'll likely gain a new appreciation for the variety of locations and enemies.

As for conclave, its pretty much dead over all. Like Lunaro, it'll probably be left as it is, but its not likely its going to get an overhaul.

Duuude, I'm on holiday as of now, so I've time to invest myself in enjoying some video games until next year.

That's some fair points though and I will be looking forward to the end-game content, but for now I'm enjoying the ride at my pace (as an ex-hardcore to casual gamer) .

I forgot to mention that even with one node, perhaps it could cycle between 3 or more maps (rather than using a unique random generator). So then one node, actually becomes multiple maps (and which one you get is completely up to RNG). A suggestion only.

I can understand the reasoning for the difficulty slowly increasing between each node, although if done in a way that new players do not require to go back (too often) for quest progression (e.g. when introducing new game mechanics - Synthesis Scanner - Simaris - The New Strange quest). It might feel less of a chore or maybe that is just me (cause I'd rather play chasey in real life). So it can flow. Although, I do understand it is related to the main storyline (so can't really do much about it).

One to two years is fair enough (to create an open world), as many new games take that long too. I wouldn't mind if Warframe went offline for 3 months (to help speed up this process), because I'd definitely come back for the new content and a major update (and also spend some $$$, as a new player).

I was kinda getting bored with spy missions (up until Jupiter, corpus race) with their fancy lasers.

I want to focus on spy missions for a second, because they have been my favourite thus far (which reminds me of a blend between some of my favourite games Splinter Cell and Tenchu Z). *Using the player's creativity to exploit the environment and complete objectives (like a true space ninja, imo).

I'd just hate to see this game die after 7 years, because most (if not all) its gameplay mechanics has much potential.

But thanks for your input, I will be trying that steel pathway (when I get to that stage). Hopefully by then (after dealing with business and legal matters), cross-platform compatibility is a thing, so I can play with some mates based on PC.

TLDR: Hope DE keeps up the good work and keeps improving Warframe.

3 hours ago, (NSW)Filo4Lif3 said:

I want to focus on spy missions for a second, because they have been my favourite thus far (which reminds me of a blend between some of my favourite games Splinter Cell and Tenchu Z). *Using the player's creativity to exploit the environment and complete objectives (like a true space ninja, imo).

I'd just hate to see this game die after 7 years, because most (if not all) its gameplay mechanics has much potential.

Spys have been around since the begining. Though TBH at a certain point it becomes more of a 'how can i cheeze this to compleate it as fast as possible'. Though the mission for Nightwave that gets you to do a spy without setting of any alarms is fun.

3 hours ago, (NSW)Filo4Lif3 said:

Hopefully by then (after dealing with business and legal matters), cross-platform compatibility is a thing, so I can play with some mates based on PC.

Not going to happen i think. Its not really a legal matter thats holding it up, but that consoles and PC have seperate builds. Cross console is a possibility though.

Archived