Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crosshair Visibility issues and Idea.

Liarus

I have been playing warframe for quite a while, and with all the new tennogen cosmetics as well as arm cannon weapons, crosshair visibility slowly started becoming an issue as visuals got more complex in warframe.

This issue was somewhat realised when mirage was released with her clones becoming transparent when they get close to your crosshair, sadly, this doesn't affect cosmetics:

I had fun and made my mirage look like a sentient ish creature, and i love her look, but there's the issue:
Eo5gYhuXIAA7aYH.png

When aiming with warframes that have a lot of cosmetics, crosshair visibility is completely destroyed, With the release of bubonico, this issue was brought up a little by the community.

Note that the picture above is just one of the combinaisons where this happens, Chroma, as well as grendel, and vauban with specific weapons and cosmetic combinaisons have the same issues, and obviously, wing type syandanas, also do this.

In my opinion, a simple fix to not touch how cosmetics are designed and keep their intended shape, some sort of toggle should be added in the options, that makes your warframe transparent, when aiming (Maybe a slider with 75% by default ?) 

Any thoughts about this ?

Il y a 15 heures, krc473 a dit :

DE could just do what they do with other cosmetics that became issues. The cosmetic can be turned invisible when aiming. 

i don't think that's a thing, i know the arca armor set folds down when you aim, but that's a completely different thing than turning invisible, and requires tweaking for every cosmetic

8 hours ago, Liarus said:

i don't think that's a thing, i know the arca armor set folds down when you aim, but that's a completely different thing than turning invisible, and requires tweaking for every cosmetic

One simple example is Chroma’s shoulder cosmetics on the deluxe skin. It is a horn/spike the blocks menus and other bits. Last I tried, it was getting removed from view and returned. Other players could see the spike still, it just didn’t block the user.

I made a similar suggestion not too long ago myself; inverted colors behind crosshairs, to make them fully visible at all times. Then I got Titania Prime, and I encountered the same problem you're describing: I couldn't see what I was shooting at through all her fiddly bits and Bubonica. I had to resort to swapping shoulders for the camera, which is nigh unplayable.

The aiming scheme is a holdover from Dark Sector, and it had serious problems even back then. It needs to be redesigned a bit.

Archived