Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is The Supra So Inferior To The Soma?

TheAscendedOne

You forgot the stuff you need to use before you can actually Research for SUPRA.

i'm not sure if Supra needs a buff (hmm maybe a little more crit chance and power) but Soma really neads a debuff.

At least some of you founders write about theese things.

Maybe with the Damage 2.0 the different damage types will actualy count. We can only wait and see what DE will give us.

Edited by nekrojiji

I believe nothing should be done to the Soma, but the Supra should receive either a rate of fire buff, projectile speed buff, a crit buff or a change in the damage type. Considering the Mastery rank required and the amount of materials needed.

Just anyone of the above would make me happy (as long as the damage type isn't Laser or AP)

I doubt there's currently a primary in the game that the soma does not make completely useless...

And to make things better now they just throw in the requires mastery rank 6 excuse.

The reason I specifically mentioned the Supra is that both weapons fill virtually the same exact role (Gorgon-esque automatic machine guns with large clips), but one gun is rendered entirely obsolete by its lower-cost, lower-requirement cousin.

It would be equally easy to compare the Soma to the Braton Prime, as both are high tier guns with similar roles and drastic differences in power. 

But yes, the Soma renders EVERY primary pretty much worthless.

Edited by TheAscendedOne

Amm no - supra is actually  bullet damage (i dont know why or how but its just bullet....) 

And yes i agree with everyone : i am currently using  the  fully  Catalysted  + 1 forma  Supra  and i liked the damage of 170-200 per shot , but after i try out the soma .... well  u can say that i wish to delete  the  Supra  , but it seriously pains me that it  took so many RESOURCES     -  7 fieldrons is not easy to make  !!!!!   and  Soma  ... that crazy derpy weapon ... i am hitting for  a minimum of  300 on any body part +  600 minimum on headshots ....  Bleh it dont make my  Supra useless nooo ...  it even had a damage stats of 45  now it is 35 ...  , its inaccurate , wind up time is longer than the  Soma , it have less bullets , it dont even have a   Polarity SLOT   and soma have 2 not 1 ......     and both weapons are bullet damage , wel lthis just wonderfully well though off ..... 

I keep my supra in high (VERY HIGH)  hopes that it will soon become a wonderfull weapon  :) 

(At the very least change the damage type  to : laser / armor piercing   ->  and  give it a flat damage of 100 +  (not 35..)   its just not viable weapon ... it sucks  against level  50-100 enemies   , and some just go in and 2-6 shot them  .....   At least soma is ugly compared to  Supra`s good looks and cool looking  flying bullets  ....  (oh yeah , supra can miss a lot more because of  projectile travel time (YEY) and soma is  Hit-scan (OMFG?!)  Seriously  DE  , put some thought into the weapons , and PLEASE  make  SOME  changes to either of the 2 weapons  :)

You have to expect that they won't change anything....

I  made myself a 5 star Synapse, because I like shooting electric arcs and the fact that my weapon is ...... alive.

After using 5 Mutagen Mass (made with mutagen sample only from delerict, lucky for me it was in the time that Vaults were in fashion), 30,000 Salvage, 3,500 Circuits, 2 Forma and some credits, not even mentioning the resourses used to unlock Synapse, I can't even look at Soma wich has 80% more DPS than my weapon. 

Having said that, not even the 80% DPS difference will make me go for the NOOB WEAPON.

Exactly...  its pretty lame now to run a random defense map and see 3 players popup with Soma/Acrid/Gala

Ooh the variety!

I agree.  Or Kunai/Despair if they haven't unlocked the Acrid yet.

Balance is... definitely lacking in this game.  Which is odd because one of the most consistent ways for DE to make money is to sell weapon slots, which is only worth it if every weapon out there is worthwhile.

If every weapon is mediocre or flat out sucks compared to a handful, that means there's a lot of weapon slots and orokin catalysts not being sold because only a few weapons are worth the investment.  There's no desire to keep a wide collection of fun and useful weapons or to supercharge them to use them for high-level play.