Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[QoL] Expanded Relics pools requires Traces re-balancing.

holyicon

Been playing the game since open beta. I've put in my grind, but it's been gradual -- spaced out.

For a lot of players that have joined in the last few years, there's just too many things to grind all at once, it can be intimidating.
This proposal should help the perception of that grind. Without impacting seasoned veterans such as myself.

Simply put, the amount of reactant needed to crack a relic, and the traces rewarded for collecting reactant should be re-balanced as so...

unknown.png

The idea is, the lower trace cap of newer players should keep them from hoarding traces, rather, it will encourage spending.
This helps them, and anyone they play with.

For veterans who can spam Lith for traces, it just alleviates meaningless runs.
This also reduces the accumulation of Ducats per Traces ratio,
Weather this means Ducats are "worth more" or traces are "worth less" per Time Spent Grinding will be up to the player to decide.

But I feel in both the New Player and Veteran experience, this is a positive change when considering the shape the game has taken since Traces were introduced and first balanced.

As always, have fun out there, be kind to each other, but equally mean to those that oppose the Tenno!
sangraal_glyph_dark.png -   holyicon albion.png

22 minutes ago, Xyncgas said:

you suggest ducat worth more so you as the veteran can start playing the market game? that's some common cooperate tactics. Shame it is like throwing newbies a bone and ask them to support your supremacy.

That is actually a rather fair point. But please let me explain my logic.

What I'm looking to do here is slightly reduce the overall number of runs to craft Radiant Relics.
The 'side-effect' is fewer runs means the runner will accumulate fewer Ducats along the now shorter attempt to do so.
Meaning if they only choose to engage in the task for as long as it takes to Radiant the relic, they'll have fewer Ducatable garbage left over.

So, it's not that Ducat fodder will be worth more Plat. Nor will it change the opportunity cost for farming specifically for Ducat fodder.
What will change is that to receive the same amount of Ducat fodder, it will no longer be the same number of runs to Radiant X Relics as it is now.

So the change in value should only be in relation to time spent Radianting... not in generic farming.
Hope that helps, :)

14 hours ago, holyicon said:

That is actually a rather fair point. But please let me explain my logic.

What I'm looking to do here is slightly reduce the overall number of runs to craft Radiant Relics.
The 'side-effect' is fewer runs means the runner will accumulate fewer Ducats along the now shorter attempt to do so.
Meaning if they only choose to engage in the task for as long as it takes to Radiant the relic, they'll have fewer Ducatable garbage left over.

So, it's not that Ducat fodder will be worth more Plat. Nor will it change the opportunity cost for farming specifically for Ducat fodder.
What will change is that to receive the same amount of Ducat fodder, it will no longer be the same number of runs to Radiant X Relics as it is now.

So the change in value should only be in relation to time spent Radianting... not in generic farming.
Hope that helps, :)

I have nothing to say, sounds like I can still get a lot ducat with the same investment as today, and as a veteran myself think DE is who's responsible for making there so much to grind for newbies for introducing riven mod instead of more mod.

you are delusional.

Archived