Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necramech ability persistance (and some other suggestions)

PollexMessier

So one thing I've noticed about the mechs that is particularly annoying is that abilities completely disable themselves when you exit them. I haven't gotten bone widow yet but this is an infuriating issue with voidrig's storm shroud in particular. You cast it, need to transference out for whatever reason, (particularly reviving someone/something or attacking herd to reach orphix pylon things) go back in and the ability is gone, and the energy wasted. No frame ability that this would be a problem with actually does that. They all persist while out of frame, and this is a considerably larger issue for this to happen with necramechs as energy is so much scarcer for them and it so much harder to get their energy efficiency mod. It just feels like a cheap mechanic that only serves to force you to uselessly dump precious mech energy. It makes no sense, abilities like this should stay active if you leave the mechs.

Some other slight additional things: The mech's jump height leaves much to be desired. it has rockets so I think crouch jumping for a rocket powered jump that persists launching you up as long as you hold the jump button, up to some max height, would make the mechs much more reasonable to manuver with. As right now they have to walk around a lot of obstacles that frames and operators can get over thoughtlessly.

Sentinels should follow them. Companions follow them but sentinels don't. This is frustrating for a variety of reasons. I honestly shouldn't even have to spell this one out.

On the topic of sentinels, companion/sentinel support mods should work for them. Maybe not all of them, I can immediately see that DE wouldn't want any sort of outside surviveability buff to these things even tho that's stupid because they're #*!%ing mechs. But vacuum, and radar mods should work 100%. That goes for operators as well. I don't understand why they don't, aside from to force us to slot mods in for qol things that are the entire purpose of companions to begin with.

Archived