Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor: Remove Crit Chance And Crit Damagae From The Boltor Tech Tree

CorpsePuncher

got the boltor recently and had viewed the wiki about it and it says it cannot crit, making the Crit chance skill and the crit damage skill wasted skill points. So with that said will you be adding crits for the boltor or will you be removing them if infact the wiki is correct and u cannot crit?

just a litttle food for thought cause its really pointless having crit chance and crit dam if it cannot use them

You're right in what you say, but the weapons themselves are already borderline overpowered. The Boltor got a nerf, and I'm actually quite shocked that the Akbolto's didn't as well. The problem with removing those nodes and replacing them with something else becomes, how do you keep them from becoming TOO good? They'd need to have baseline stat nerfs.

You're right in what you say, but the weapons themselves are already borderline overpowered. The Boltor got a nerf, and I'm actually quite shocked that the Akbolto's didn't as well. The problem with removing those nodes and replacing them with something else becomes, how do you keep them from becoming TOO good? They'd need to have baseline stat nerfs.

The Akbolto didn't get a nerf because of it's 200 ammo size, which will run out REALLY fast. Also, the bolts are hard to aim with, which offsets the armor ignore. As it currently stands, the Boltor is no match for the Gorgon in terms of most aspects. No way would replacing the pointless crit dam and chance upgrades make the gun OP in any way.

The Akbolto didn't get a nerf because of it's 200 ammo size, which will run out REALLY fast. Also, the bolts are hard to aim with, which offsets the armor ignore. As it currently stands, the Boltor is no match for the Gorgon in terms of most aspects. No way would replacing the pointless crit dam and chance upgrades make the gun OP in any way.

I strongly disagree. The bolts are nearly dead-accurate and have a very high rate of fire. Unless you're lagging or at extreme distances, nailing people to walls is not hard at all. I don't think the ammo pool has anything to do with whether or not it would be nerfed, either. Particularly since most people are swimming in credits or getting pistol ammo boxes every other day for a log-in reward.

You say that removing the crit aspects wouldn't make the gun OP. But what are you replacing all these nodes with? That's 8 total nodes to replace. What do you put in there? There's otherwise only clip size as a stat that doesn't directly affect DPS, and some might argue that it does too, since you would have to reload less often. Reloading is basically down time between shots, so that too affects your DPS. What's left? Damage, and rate of fire. You really don't see how giving a weapon that completely ignores armor 8 more nodes of DPS increasing stats could make it overpowered?

If you're comparing it to the Gorgon, one thing you should be keeping in mind is that the Gorgon has a rank requirement attached to it for a reason. None of the bolt weapons do.

I don't get it why Bolt weapons can't crit anyways so just replace the crit nodes with rate and/or damage.

Don't care if those guns regarded as OP because imo they perform in the same way as every other "good" gun with multishot and fire rate. Only thing you can save on Bolt weapons is armor piercing.

Not being able to crit just because they ignore armor is stupid.

Don't see why they can't add some stats for projectile weapons, which I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of. Something like 'travel time' could affect speed and fall off rate and another for extra armour piercing effects to the extent it can pierce things like the Grineer shields.

I personally think the effectiveness of the AP characteristic is properly offset as far as balance goes by the projectile flight time, lack of crits, and lack of puncture mod benefits. With very similar mod set ups (switched them from one to the other except one mod which was Braton specific) on a lvl 30 Braton Vandal and lvl 30 Boltor, my TTK on the Hyena solo while farming Loki BPs was radically similar to the point I couldn't tell which one had more DPS.

That said, I feel the useless nodes on weapons (Bronco too) should be high on the priority list for gettting fixes. They ought to get the crits working on bolt weapons or change them entirely. For example the nodes on bolt weapons could be utility related instead of DPS related. Bolt velocity and trajectory (ie bullet drop) would be good nodes that would not effect DPS only easing accuracy for people who aren't great at leading targets or when lag takes effect. These kind of upgrades should not relegate the aiming skill required for bolt weapons to the level of the hitscan weapons though, in my opinion.

I personally think the effectiveness of the AP characteristic is properly offset as far as balance goes by the projectile flight time, lack of crits, and lack of puncture mod benefits. With very similar mod set ups (switched them from one to the other except one mod which was Braton specific) on a lvl 30 Braton Vandal and lvl 30 Boltor, my TTK on the Hyena solo while farming Loki BPs was radically similar to the point I couldn't tell which one had more DPS.

That said, I feel the useless nodes on weapons (Bronco too) should be high on the priority list for gettting fixes. They ought to get the crits working on bolt weapons or change them entirely. For example the nodes on bolt weapons could be utility related instead of DPS related. Bolt velocity and trajectory (ie bullet drop) would be good nodes that would not effect DPS only easing accuracy for people who aren't great at leading targets or when lag takes effect. These kind of upgrades should not relegate the aiming skill required for bolt weapons to the level of the hitscan weapons though, in my opinion.

What? Did they change it or something, because just last week I was using puncture on my Akbolto's and spearing 2 infested at once reliably.

What? Did they change it or something, because just last week I was using puncture on my Akbolto's and spearing 2 infested at once reliably.

Interesting, I was going off my experience with one Bolto and a low lvl puncture mod (3 or less meters can't remember, I sold it) several weeks ago, perhaps they added puncture combatibility to bolt weapons and I didn't notice. I don't have any puncture mods to test with the Akbolto and Boltor at the moment.