Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flagellocanth is impossible to catch

Tetsueno

Flagellocanth doesn't have a good hitbox and any form of subtle movement be it frame or the act of throwing the spear just makes it scared and run away forever. I have been trying to capture a few for the last half hour with no luck on hitting it with a spear, or finding a better spot in general. There is literally no easy way to capture it due to these two issues.

It's bugged imo.  There is no way to catch it.  I tried for an hour as well and spent at least 10 or more processed Fass and I managed to catch it once, which was probably a fluke.  There are times it slows down and I have been right on it and it never hits it.  I tried both deimos spears and neither would hit it.  On any other fish, if its lined up and moves while your spear is on the way, it will still kill it a lot of the time.  I've aimed at every part of this fish and never hit or catch it.

Since we're talking bugs, the bug where your frame locks up while fishing still has not been fixed.  Every time I fish, my frame will eventually lock up and I'll have to abort.

same, there is something wrong with the hitbox or the running mechanic of the fish. most times it will run when ever i throw my spear and i only seam to be able to find the hitbox if i spear it looking at the fish head on and throw right down the middle. but getting the fish to hold still long enough to line up a shot like that with out it running is almost impossible.

Also unable to catch any of them, have spent hours. Can catch every other fish with ONE THROW, bam caught. Attempt to catch the Flagellocanth's and the spears go through them, ignore them or they react and zip out of its range when directly targeted at them.

ANY OTHER FISH. ONE THROW, ONE CATCH.

Flagellocanth are 100% either bugged or need to be re-tuned because something is definitely not correct

It's really frustrating when they're the only "reliable" source of the Ocular Stem-Root.

It looks like 2-4 spawn from each use of the Process Fass Residue that sells for 300 standing each with no blueprint. Out of 13 uses of the Fass Residue only 2 responded to being touched by the spear. The rest ignored the spear regardless of where on the body the fish was hit. I also attempted wild shots to hit closely around the fish in case the hitbox was floating around near by it, since it's not in the visible portion of the fish itself.

Which in turn means that the Ocular Stem-Root costs 1,950 standing each. Blueprints I'm attempting to purchase require quantities of 5 and 10, so 29,250 standing for both blueprints.

Can confirm that the rest did not spawn with colliders affixed correctly to the game object, or the more possible explanation is that the hit box is not paired with the visual mesh of the fish and is instead floating somewhere invisible in space (usually caused by a bad pivot point on the art asset making it miss match in the prefab). I was able to melee and kill some of the fish that ignored the spear. So another possible complication is that the fish might be on the wrong physics layer, meaning the colliders in the fish and the colliders on the spear ignore each-other but the fish collider is keyed to interact with weapons colliders.

On 2021-01-06 at 4:30 PM, zxzxzxc said:

Didn't see hotfix on it

Does it already fixed ?

No!

As the main focus is the event right now, this isn't likely going to be addressed too soon, as it hasn't been addressed already.

Archived