Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destructible Environments

AugmentedJustice

Don't know if this has been covered before (much more in-depth and better) because I'm not a fan of wading through countless pages of threads or using the search engine and narrowing down those threads but I want to continuously shoot at a wall until I'm through to the other side. No.... but I would like to see some future evironmental destruction. Although, I'm thinking, in a game like this how it'd be implemented. I mean it's not exactly, battlefield, or red faction geurilla type action but I think it'd still be cool. Maybe when they bring in further levels that contain lots of objects and environmental type things. I'd like to cut through them. Doesn't have to be super realistic or technological. Just my two sense.

Edited by AugmentedJustice

The Unreal Engine allows for limited decomposition of certain objects in the enviroment. So while selective enviroment destruction would work, you can't make the entire level fully destructible.

The problem is this is a multiplayer shooter and walls that can break into multiple pieces takes its toll on the render.

The Unreal Engine allows for limited decomposition of certain objects in the enviroment. So while selective enviroment destruction would work, you can't make the entire level fully destructible.

The problem is this is a multiplayer shooter and walls that can break into multiple pieces takes its toll on the render.

I don't think this game uses the Unreal Engine...

Well, one could still expand on the limited destruction we already have, like with the containers, etc. For example make some doors jammed shut, but possible to damage and open that way, like it's already done with the fans covering the air ducts on the astroid bases. Small things like that. Though i don't realy see a need for it atm, it would certainly be possible withing the limitations of the engine.