Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy CC

johnolesen77

I cant find a feedback section on the forum so I write it here.

The first time an infected drag you its fun, and interesting mechanic, but when it happens all the time and now at severel enemy types it is really annoying, Its not like its one or 2 times each mission, no its all the time you get dragged around the mission. Infested do, and grineer so aswell, and orokin teleport you around the room, when is enough enough? Its a really annoyin feature you might think is fun, but it actual isnt its very annoying and a pain in the a..

I think its time to tune all those stupid affects just a bit down. I was just doing a grineer mobile defense, and half the map i was dragged around even on Titania, i got dragged down from the sky. 

It went from being tolerated in the game to really piss me off tbh. I like the game but some things is just too much like the enemys CC (dragging). The teleport thing is really annoying aswell, sometimes i get teleportet, the second I landed a new teleport is on me, like wtf.....

I would really like to see a nerf on those things.

1 hour ago, johnolesen77 said:

I was just doing a grineer mobile defense, and half the map i was dragged around even on Titania,

While I agree that the Scorpion/Ancient whips or anything equivalent to that like Terra Trenchers lunging at us are excessive, you have some tools at your disposal to ignore/prevent those abilities:

• Spellbind & Lantern

Spellbind when casted onto allies or Titania herself grants status immunity, including the staggers and fumbles while in Razorwing. You don't necessarily need to cast it onto enemies unless you want to stall them out for a purpose.

Lantern can easily group up and stop enemy aggression, while also converting enemies into allies. That particular conversion effect comes in handy against the Infested, where you can "steal" Ancient Healer and Toxic Ancient auras for yourself.

Again, I agree how excessive the knockdowns and staggers are, but that doesn't mean you should neglect tools that helps negate these effects too.

The only agreement I can have is with grapples, but only because they do not miss. In fact, several times they will interrupt dodge roll mechanics, and force you into a knockdown animation. 

Otherwise, enemy stun mechanics are mostly avoidable and not noteworthy, even farming Orb Vallis where after a little bit of time, all the enemies have grappling hooks and a nullifying bubble while jumping on top of you with radial slams. A handspring or prime sure footed makes this a non-issue, and several frames outright ignore it. 

They don't need to be turned down, they just need diversity. Being hit by the exact same type of CC is what makes it annoying and frustrating. Instead of every faction having a grapple, give more grenade types like the ones in index. Have them disable certain types of abilities like the Scrambus. 

Archived