Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DX12 shader cache and gameplay experience

KittySkin

Deard DE, while I appreciate that you dont want to make me go through long load screens just to build the shader cache, I also appreciate smooth gameplay.

Please, give us an option to build all the shader cache at once, even if it takes 3 hours to do so. An options in the options menu ingame "Build shader cache" with a big far warning saying that it can take up to 3 hours to finish.

As someone who optimize game cache on every single update, I appreciate smooth gameplay above everything, and having an option to build the shader cache on DX12 to prevent future stutter its indeed a top priority for me.

Thx for all the effor you are putting in the game and all the update across all this years :)

Adding to this, implementing DX12 Flip Mode Discard, its fantastic to allow high framerate while also preventing tearing, there are super detailed coumentation on how that works and since fastsync and AMD's alternative dont work on DX12 games, we as players need you to implement similar tecnology on your vsync mode.

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/dxgi-flip-model/

Archived