Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My suggestions for Railjack and other problems with it.

o0Despair0o

So, first off, I have a maxed-out Railjack and my own dry dock.

I built it and farmed right after it came out and I enjoyed it, despite the many issues.

Of course, this here is just my own opinion on things, so not everyone's gonna agree.

Anyway...

- The Railjack's armor is comletely broken. Or at least it feels that way. I've had people aggressively disagree with me on this matter, while others agreed completely.

Basically, it feels to me that armor just doesn't exist anymore. My RJ got over 3K armor, and yet, getting strafed by a single fighter in Veil Proxima pretty much has a 97% chance to cause a breach or fire even with full shields. I used to be able to solo Veil Proxiam without a scratch, but now I can't even kill a single fighter before I get a breach.

Don't get me wrong - I can still solo it with ease - but it's extremely annoying that I get set on fire or breached so easily despite having maxed out my defenses. I honestly feel like my armor avionic is just wasting space. The only upside to this is that you can farm intrinsics like crazy.

I would suggest buffing the armor even further, or reducing the chance of breaches/fires/whatever by a lot.

- Lack of weapons. Right now we got like, what, 5 different guns? Most of which suck. Far as I'm concerned, Carcinnox is the only weapon that doesn't suck on every level.

Every other weapon either just feels bad to use, or is literally just a worse variant of other weapons. Take the Apoc for example, it's supposed to be a slow firing, heavy hitting cannon compared to the fast carcinnox, but it just feels like a straight downgrade.

I would suggest more, additional weapon types, such as slow firing, extremely hard hitting cannnos similar to battleship cannons from WW2, or maybe the autocannons on modern Destroyers;

Spoiler

as well as changes to the drop RNG. Right now you just gotta farm Gian Point and get dozens of duplicates, each worse than the other. I played dozens of missions a while ago, during latest double affinity event, and all I got were worse versions of my existing guns.

- Aiming feels off. I can't even count the amount of times I'm fired my guns within range to the target, while aiming right at, in front or behind the lead indicator, only to still miss even at point blank range. I can't tell if the hitboxes are wonky, hit detention just sucks, or the indicator doesn't work as intended.

Not to mention missile lock. You can hardly tell then you're locked on. I missed to many shielded crewships at close range thanks to this it's not even funny anymore.

- Railjack Ship Abilities can be used by gunners. This is bad.

Simply put, don't allow anyone to use abilities, other than the pilot. This also includes the navigation console. It happens so often that people get into the gunner seat, waste your flux on abilites, and then run off like they just stole a museum piece. Being able to acces abilities despite not being the pilot promotes trolling. And being able to use the navigation despite not being the host is just as bad. It happend several times that I intended to go back to the dry dock - even told the squad in chat - only for one of them to run up to the console and load another mission, because screw my authority as captain of my own ship.

- Ramsleds.

Just... don't. They do nothing other than force you to go into reverse and shoot the glowing pod. They do nothing, the accomplish nothing, they don't matter even if they get on board. All they do is cause even more breaches, and we got enough of those. Just get rid of them.

- Lack of mission types.

Right now, every single mission is the same. Only difference being that some of them take 5 times as long because of some random platform on the other end of the map thinking "lemme just spawn some random commander to waste your time".

We need more missions. Defenses, survival, you name it. Maybe even multiple-railjack-missions where each players has their own ship. With the upcoming NPC crews this shouldn't be an issue. Or maybe fleet battles, similar to crossifre missions. Corpus and Grinner ships fighting each other, with the player coming to assist either side.

How about patrol missions, where the player patrols along a route of objective markers, where each marker has a chance to spawn random objectives, from small fighter squadrons to entire fleets that want you dead.

Defense missions could be something like defending a settlement/space station.

Perhaps an Evacuation-type missions, where players need to board a destroyed capital ship and rescue NPCs before the entire thing blows. Maybe also fight off enemy ships while you're at it.

- Map variation.

Every single missions looks the same, other than the skybox.

You could add atmospheric missions, where you fly within a planet's atmosphere, with gravity having an affect on both your and the enemy ships.

- More railjack abilities.

And when I say abilities, I don't mean battle avionics. We got a massive artillery cannon, so how 'bout a small, single-seater, ship-launched fighter? That way players could destroy ships without being forced to use the horrible gunner positions or rely on their artificially nerfed archwing guns. Think of the ship launched fighters from Elite: Dangerous.

I can agree with everything except for these three points.
-Aiming works flawlessly for everyone I know, except for the people who have problems with lag. In which case, they can't enjoy it at all.
-Gunners being able to use abilities is awesome when you're playing with friends / a good crew (would be nice to switch this on and off, not get rid of it entirely!)
-Ramsleds Maaaaaannn, I love these guys. They really spice up my otherwise monotonous firing habits. 

Archived