Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Command Center For The Dojo

Synthex

I'm not sure if this idea has been proposed before, but I think it would add a lot of depth to the game if clans could launch their own operations: something like clan-wide alerts that the clan members could participate in. For example, an operation may be something like helping a grineer or corpus sympathiser of tenno escape a ship, or helping a grineer batallion fight off wild momsters to gain the support of their leader. This could potentially help the clan gain support from former members of each faction which could hang out in the dojo in a grineer or corpus hall, and maybe unlock some research projects for the labs, or even help players of the clan on missions when they're running solo or without a full team. Imagine AI grineer fighting alongside you! Maybe after you get enough support from each faction, you will be able to launch invasion clan operations. The possibilities are endless. I apologize in advance for any mistakes in my typing: I was using a phone to write this.

TL;DR

I'm proposing adding 3 rooms to the dojo: command center, grineer hall, corpus hall.

Clans will launch operations (clan alerts) to rescue exiles from each faction that will go to their faction's respective hall in the dojo. They will help the clan develop their dojo.

I believe they talked about something like this in LS 16. Clan sponsored alerts. They said it was still in the earlier conceptual stage, and that it's way down there on the priorities scale. So if it happens, it probably won't happen any time soon. I am a fan of the idea, though.

You are forgetting Infested. Other than that, you have my bow, my axe and my support.

Thanks! I was actually thinking about infested, but I wasn't sure if they were really sentient, and if thy could support the tenno. Aren't they just a hive mind who want to devour everything they come across? Not sure if it's possible to get their support, really.

dunno, some infested (the bosses) show some ability to talk, and the fact that Ancient Healers managed to end up in Orokin Towers to become Corrupted Healers does seem to indicate that at least some of the bunch are relatively intelligent.

Also someone has to be running the ship.

Chargers and Runners are just dumb mooks, it's probably Ancients that run the show.

I think they've alluded to the idea that the Infested are sort of a hive mind. The more of them, the smarter they are. I guess sort of like how an individual neuron is about as smart as a skin cell, but lump them up together and bam, you've got someone talking about sentience.

I think they've alluded to the idea that the Infested are sort of a hive mind. The more of them, the smarter they are. I guess sort of like how an individual neuron is about as smart as a skin cell, but lump them up together and bam, you've got someone talking about sentience.

I do agree that as a group, they are sentient, but it would be hard to gain the loyalty of one tiny piece of the hive mind which can't really function as a separate entity from its group... Anyways, back to the topic. Do you guys think this is plausible and doable? Will it add a lot of depth to the game? What are your thoughts on the idea overall?

Hey, I just borrowed part of it :P

Also, I do have to say something. If we gain support of one faction through these missions, you're suggesting that they only affect clan missions right? Because if you gain the side of, say, the Grineer, then all the planets they control on the Starchart would suddenly becomes useless as the enemies are your allies XD

Also, I do have to say something. If we gain support of one faction through these missions, you're suggesting that they only affect clan missions right? Because if you gain the side of, say, the Grineer, then all the planets they control on the Starchart would suddenly becomes useless as the enemies are your allies XD

I'm not talking about the support of a whole faction, just members of that faction. We can save tenno sympathizers of each faction, and jave them stay in the dojo. We can harbor refugees from each faction that can help us.

I'm not talking about the support of a whole faction, just members of that faction. We can save tenno sympathizers of each faction, and jave them stay in the dojo. We can harbor refugees from each faction that can help us.

Walk in and a Corpus Tech and Grineer Bombard are arm-wrestling in the dojo...

Nice idea - it would, however, require a lot of balancing for each of the clan tiers - I think it would be too hard for DE to implement.

You mean it would be difficult to scale operations by clan tier/size? I didn't think of that. It may be pretty difficult. I think implementing my idea would probably require lots of work. In any case, they won't focus on things like this until most or all of the problems with gameplay and playability are solved.

Walk in and a Corpus Tech and Grineer Bombard are arm-wrestling in the dojo...

thats not even a bad idea, maybe no arm-wrestling. peacefull grineer/corpus would be slain by their own race if they wouldnt support them in war, so they go to the tennos to get a "home" (of course for a prototype enhanced flux rifle with a mounted ignis below). maybe they would give us ressources each day (not much, this isnt a browser game, and not so boring of course). maybe we could assist them to get more stuff and we could call them with teleporter consumeables.