Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Primary] Narcissus Staff

AlchemistMute

9r4tAht.png

"Based on ancient tales of myth, the overgrown-style NARCISSUS STAFF converts ammunition into nanobots that change form. It can fire metallic leaves at a high rate, or summon a nanobot copy of the wielder that fights alongside the Tenno temporarily." - In-game Description

The Narcissus Staff is a unique primary weapon that resembles an overgrown wizard staff rapped with vines and covered by a daffodil flower head. It has two modes of fire - one of which is based upon it being covered by a daffodil, and the other is based upon the tale of Narcissus and Echo.

Left-click to fire a sharp, metallic, serrated leaf. It fires automatically at 6 shots per second.

- 20 Serrated Blade damage.

- Infinitely punctures enemies, dissipates upon hitting an obstacle.

- Projectile that travels at 100 m/s.

Right-click to summon a weakened copy/decoy of your Frame, carrying a copy of your weapons and mirroring your actions.

- Has half of all your stats, except energy at 225.

- Only has your 1st and 2nd skills.

- Weapons also have half of your weapons' stats.

- Decoy mirrors your actions and your placement.

- Lasts for 10 seconds.

- Cannot summon more than one decoy. Attempting to do so while one is out will replace the previous one with the new one.

The Narcissus Staff uses rifle ammo, and has a clip of 90 and uses rifle ammo. It's reload speed is 2 seconds, and it has 17 accuracy. Requires Mastery Rank 5 to use.

So what do you think? I thought I'd try a hand at actually drawing one of my weapon concepts. So please critique the concept art as well as the weapon concept. Thanks for reading!

Edited by AlchemistMute

This would be a Frame not a wep... and we already have a Frame covering this... Nekros... It's a cool idea I guess but Warframe isn't a RPG that does this type of thing and has nothing to do with the lore at all really...

It's a weapon to me. A staff that has two modes of firing. The Ballistica can fire a burst or a charged shot. This staff can fire leaves or summon a decoy. I don't understand how it's not a weapon.

As for the second point, you mean to say it isn't a fantasy game. Well, this weapon is based off of a legend and wizard staves, but it's not actually magic. I explained that. The leaves, decoys and weapons are all made of nanobots coming from the staff. All the staff does is wirelessly control the nanobots and change ammo into said bots. As for how this has nothing to do with lore.. what? Which weapons are closely tied to the lore? It's a Tenno weapon that's based upon legends of past. That's enough, isn't it?

... e.e

Wrong game?

What about the Paris? That's a bow and arrow. Bows and arrows shouldn't be in a futuristic space game like this. But they are, and that's because they're weapons that the Tenno use. Did you read the thread? There's an explanation that's passable for a sci-fi game.

>.>

What about the Paris? That's a bow and arrow. Bows and arrows shouldn't be in a futuristic space game like this. But they are, and that's because they're weapons that the Tenno use. Did you read the thread? There's an explanation that's passable for a sci-fi game.

>.>

Im sorry, but running around with a staff while playing as a ninja-like character doesnt seem to fit well. The bow does, however, because it is silent and deadly, which very much resembles what a ninja is.

>.>

crysis 3 turok both had bows and are futuristic