Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mandacord Volume incorrectly linked to Music Volume, Bombast Bass Mixing issue

Coatduck

Mandacord volume is currently linked to both ambient music volume as well as individual Mandacord sliders. This means that even with Mandacord sliders all the way to max, the volume is still far too low. This appears to be an oversight, as having them linked seems to provide no benefit and only means that every time your abilities run out, the ambient music kicks in jarringly loudly.

I do actually play with ambient music on because the music is excellent, but I keep it around 75%, which means I'm constantly struggling to hear my own, as well as ally Mandacord with both sliders set to max. I can't imagine how frustrating it is to those who prefer to play with ambient music turned off, and it would make her effectively unplayable. I know with this next bit I'm bordering on "feature request", but it might even be wise to let that slider go all the way up to 11 200% or so, with 100 being the intended/default level, to give players the ability to boost their own, or their friends' music

As a smaller note I'd like to point out that the absolutely excellent "Bombast" bass instrument is considerably quieter in the mix than every other bass instrument, by my ear it's at about 60%. It's a nice low and clean sound with not a lot in the upper range, so I'm guessing it probably sounds better on a huge set of monitors, but it's just not coming through on consumer equipment and should probably get bumped up in the mix. I dragged my Yamaha HS5s over and it's slightly better, but still not nearly loud enough, so I imagine it was just mixed on something way beefier.

Archived