Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What I want from railjack in 2021-2022. (An avid railjack fan)

Keep in mind that these my thoughts based on concepts like experience and subjectivity. If you want to sit here and blabber on to me about how every conceivable suggestion would be too much work for DE or that it somehow disrupts the plat market or some other thing that I can only assume you people copy and paste to posts 20 hours out of the day, then this is not the post for you. While I'm not at DE, with full knowledge of their internal workflow, that's not grounds for the astronomical levels of redundancy that seems to plague these forums. Now with that out of the way. Shall we begin? But I do have a bias because I like railjack

Less linear, but not too slow - I say this because I want to "sail the sea" for lack of better words. I wanna go around in an asteroid belt or whatever, Encounter procedurally generated objectives, and choose what to do or not to do. I would much prefer for each of these objectives to be their own missions like the normal starchart, but in an open space, rewarding the player upon completion. The railjack mission should be a sort of layer above that only fails when your railjack is actually killed/forced back to drydock. That's reasonable, right? 

Core missions accessibility - BUT WITHOUT FORCING YOU TO USE RAILJACK. My example that I've thought of so far is exterminate missions. I would love to see an endless version of exterminate where you clear out a galleon/capital ship, then move to another one and repeat the process against higher level enemies. I was thinking this could be applied to many missions break up the monotony. While veering a little of course, after every five waves of defense, the target gets teleported out/rescued/whatever. Then you run through some hallways with a few enemies to get to another defense tile (change of scenery) for another five/ten waves. I would apply that to many things. But back to the main topic. In space tile sets, you'd be able to use a "ram sled", leave into archwing/railjack, or fire yourself out of a big ass cannon or something like that in order to get to the next ship. DE would have to work out some kinks obviously, but I think a likeable full railjack blend is possible. "Oh no this means I can't sit in one spot and spam miasma and be done ", well I can't stand sitting in the same room on hydron anymore. I don't understand how people get to MR 30. Let me go to a different defense tile after a while, before I lose my mind. Sorry, this is getting off topic a little. Figure it out, DE. I don't like the feeling of having a battleship that I can't use in most of the game. Maybe if I could call it in for support if the above is too much to implement. Open tile on Europa? Call it and hop into the arsenal to swap loadouts? YO! I shouldn't even have to ask about the actual open zones, because DE knows. You all know... 

Balance immersion - I'm not gonna beat around the bush. No normal infantry of any level should be able to survive multiple hits from a railjack weapon. If I call the railjack down in the orb vallis, and if it's steel path, I should still be one-shotting the crewmen BECAUSE THESE ARE MASSIVE GUNS THAT DESTROY OTHER SPACESHIPS. There should be no heavy gunner that can survive the forward artillery. I feel like I'm not asking for allot here. This seems like the most basic immersion request there ever was. I say this because I remember how things have gone in the past. 

Future of AI crews - I would simply like them to be effective and to be able to recruit from fortuna and cetus. I know fortuna was shown, but I what of the ostrons? Who else can be thrown onto my railjack? 

Rewards - If I'm to be honest, I'm personally more interested in cosmetics (or whatever) that are achieved through insane feats. I want to see someone with a piece of armor, and I want that piece of armor to carry respect in its wake. I"M NOT TALKING ABOUT RARITY. I'm talking about nearly impossible challenges. Perhaps this is should be across the whole game in nightwave. Monthly elite perhaps. Extreme challenges like kill 300 enemies in 30 seconds or something intense like that (Don't freak out, it's just an example to get the point across. Stop trying to get triggered omg haha I don't know if that's possible). 

Less troll potential - I'm looking directly at the forge. Refine needs to be fixed. Too many lone wolves, but maybe command fixes that. Other people piloting my railjack without my permission (If you you don't play allot of railjack, it's generally considered rude to do that). 

The interior should match the skins - This isn't an urgent thing, but I'd like the skins to change the shape or and colors of the interior. I would be nice is all. 

Oh and also railjack captura yo

Archived