Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Am Very Upset With The Way This Event Was Planned

Synthex

Ok. After reading up on the event, I came to the conclusion that DE wanted the players to pick a sie, and stick to it. This is not what most people are doing, and I think it's because of the way the event was set up. People who have 50 with each faction can just do one mission before the event ends for the faction which is winning, and get the t3 reward built and with a catalyst installed. Having 1 more point for one faction than the other is not what I call loyalty. I think with this event, DE was encouraging opportunism rather than loyalty, or at least that's the way it worked out. I think that there could have been an easy fix for this. They could have said that a player has to have 100 more missions completed for the winning faction in order to get the potatoed reward to encourage loyalty, OR they could give players a potatoed t3 of the side they supported, regardless of victor. This way, at least, they would reward opportunism and loyalty equally, rather than rewarding the players who go half and half until the very end.

in the end you still get what you want - plus or minus a potato and a weapon slot 

doesn't matter you got enough potatoes from this to last you a couple updates for sure -  honestly I'm fine with how it's working.  All I cared about was seeing the two factions go head to head etc -

in the end you still get what you want - plus or minus a potato and a weapon slot 

doesn't matter you got enough potatoes from this to last you a couple updates for sure -  honestly I'm fine with how it's working.  All I cared about was seeing the two factions go head to head etc -

I guess you're right...

For as fun as the "Us vs Them" mentality is in the above regard, I never really got the impression we're supposed to ONLY support one faction. I mean, if that was the case then lock us into the faction at the beginning and call it good. But they didn't, they gave us choice, they gave us decisions to make...

Yes, people can do a 50/50 and then do 1 Grineer Mission and call it good. That's their choice... but some people I know are doing that because it's the closest thing to "Balance" as is possible in this event. The whole point, we've been told, about the Tenno is to maintain balance...

That being said, the majority of people I play this game with don't care about the "moral implications" in a video game. They're here for the loot... if they get more shiny rewards by supporting one side or the other, that's what they're going to do. Hell, I even have a buddy who did 50-some missions for the Corpus before looking at the conflicts and seeing the light, and he's now grinded the 50-some missions for the Grineer.

But like the sentiment echoed above... if the majority of people were doing this... maintaining that balance until the end, then we wouldn't be looking at the absolute Grineer domination we are right now.

Im more upset at having to do exterminate 100 times with no variety

That's also a reason to be upset. I'm pretty used to grinding during events, xo that wasn't the biggest problem. The grind was actually way worse than usual this time. I was playing invasions for 6 hours straight with no break or anything. That was pretty tough. Usually in between games I chat with council or grab some food or something, but 6 hours no break was tough.

For as fun as the "Us vs Them" mentality is in the above regard, I never really got the impression we're supposed to ONLY support one faction. I mean, if that was the case then lock us into the faction at the beginning and call it good. But they didn't, they gave us choice, they gave us decisions to make...

Yes, people can do a 50/50 and then do 1 Grineer Mission and call it good. That's their choice... but some people I know are doing that because it's the closest thing to "Balance" as is possible in this event. The whole point, we've been told, about the Tenno is to maintain balance...

That being said, the majority of people I play this game with don't care about the "moral implications" in a video game. They're here for the loot... if they get more shiny rewards by supporting one side or the other, that's what they're going to do. Hell, I even have a buddy who did 50-some missions for the Corpus before looking at the conflicts and seeing the light, and he's now grinded the 50-some missions for the Grineer.

But like the sentiment echoed above... if the majority of people were doing this... maintaining that balance until the end, then we wouldn't be looking at the absolute Grineer domination we are right now.

I guess you're right.

You only get the weapon of THE WINNING FACTION, whether it's supercharged with a slot or not depends on who you supported(doing more missions for them)

I know that, I was just saying what DE could have done to reward everyone equally. I mean, corpus loyalists are just doomed at this point.

Hell, I even have a buddy who did 50-some missions for the Corpus before looking at the conflicts and seeing the light, and he's now grinded the 50-some missions for the Grineer.

I was said buddy here, and I went from Team Greed to Team Corpus (because who doesn't love an underdog?) back to Team Greed.  Because in the end, might as well get the loot right?  The meta-game is fun for some, the loot more fun for others.  DE can't/shouldn't try to please everyone.  Personally I just think it'll be awesome if DE sticks to their guns and doesn't change the event rewards due to outrage and crying (not that that's what your doing OP, your post is very reasonable).  I think more games should put decisions and choices in the hands of their players - in a sense, it creats a meta-game that I can get into.

"Look at me, I made a difference!"

50/50 does not matter, Grineer will win because of support and ecouragement by DE. Rigged from the start. Don't be upset, go Grineer.

I'm actually a grineer loyalist, but I was just expressing some sympathy towards some of my friends who were going corpus. I'm actually not concerned for myself.

Maybe if you were in a clan (that cares about events) you'd feel differently.

They could have had more guts with the reward schema, but they didn't want anyone who played enough to miss out on any weapon.

I'm in a clan, but we're not super concerned about total loyalty. We have players on both sides, and we don't really mind. People are intitled ro their choices, and we aren't kicking them for it.

People are more likely to choose emotion over rationality (I do like how Alad V tells you that you made the rational choice) hence more Grineer support. That's just the way people make decisions. I don't think DE rigged the event at all, but knowing how people make decisions and looking what was at stake shifted the balance (saving members of your own group vs colonists we never see), but that's what conflict is all about. Either way, everyone gets the T3 weapon they are working for, but the winning sides get it with a catalyst and a weapons slot (which costs platnum, but that's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things).

Some people have gone back and forth and sides based on what reward they want, but most people will have done more than the minimum to get battle pay in order to reach their quota of 100 missions for the T3 reward. There is also a drive to re-do missions so they become completed, so a new node opens up and presents you with a new ability to get an award. You can't just get away with bare minimum becasue you need to play missions a lot to win a node for a side.

Ok. After reading up on the event, I came to the conclusion that DE wanted the players to pick a sie, and stick to it. This is not what most people are doing, and I think it's because of the way the event was set up. People who have 50 with each faction can just do one mission before the event ends for the faction which is winning, and get the t3 reward built and with a catalyst installed.

I agree completely. But of course I'm going for 50-50 though, DE forced me to.

Either way, everyone gets the T3 weapon they are working for, but the winning sides get it with a catalyst and a weapons slot

Nope, they get the weapon of the WINNING side, with or without slot and potato. Not the side they sided with, just the winning side.

I'd prefer the Corpus gun. My clan went Grineer. I am loyal to my clan (they've helped me out a lot) so I went Grineer. As the Grineer are winning, we'll all get the Stomach Pump - err, Brakk, or whatever - and nobody will get the Detron

Nope, they get the weapon of the WINNING side, with or without slot and potato. Not the side they sided with, just the winning side.

I'd prefer the Corpus gun. My clan went Grineer. I am loyal to my clan (they've helped me out a lot) so I went Grineer. As the Grineer are winning, we'll all get the Stomach Pump - err, Brakk, or whatever - and nobody will get the Detron

Until they release the detron some other time since they wouldn't waste time designing a whole new gun to never release it... and its not like some people get the detron and others don't everyone gets the brakk which who knows might end up being better than the detron.

You mean you're not here to kick &#! and chew bubblegum?

Dunno about you, but after running the exact same mission 50 times I was pretty over it. If they'd made it so you played the mission native to that node instead of exterminate forever and always it would have been so much better.