Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen skin rules ?

I wish to design a skin for Revenant (being on my mind for a while), and then get someone to model it, but I don't know much about the rules for tennogen design. So I'd like to hear them so I do not bother someone for nothing. (I know about the "no human feature" and "no copyright infringement" ones, and I do take in account the fact he need Primary, secondary, tertiary, accent, emissive, and energy colors)

I also have a few more specific questions :

Can we have Orokin language on the skin spelling the name of an historical/mythologic figure ?

Similarly, if I design a skin for a weapon, is there's any rule for Orokin sentences on it ? No inside joke/niche reference ? (For example : "Kodachi predator" and "Ropalolyst are just bigger Mergoo")

Can we have parts of the skin invisible/non-existent ? (I wish for the energy arm to be floating fragments to accentuate the ghost side, but I suppose it's impossible).

Is there any rule for the name ? I'd like to call it "Revenant Monohoshizao".

Finally, if it is accepted, what's the usual way revenues are divided between designer and modeler ?

Thank you for reading this, and have a good day.

https://www.warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=content-creator-art-style-guide

That is the entire guide for TennoGen, it essentially has everything that you need to know in terms of the creative process. I'd recommend going through it to make sure you're doing the right thing. Now in terms of specific questions however:

2 hours ago, (NSW)Slyn_Vulpes said:

Can we have Orokin language on the skin spelling the name of an historical/mythologic figure ?

I believe Orokin scripture is allowed on skins, however I am not exactly sure to which extent you are allowed to do so.

Similarly, if I design a skin for a weapon, is there's any rule for Orokin sentences on it ? No inside joke/niche reference ? (For example : "Kodachi predator" and "Ropalolyst are just bigger Mergoo")

Ehh, I think that could run into some issues. I don't think DE would necessarily mind the detail if it was very small or unnoticeable, but not so much to the extent where it's a main feature about it.

Can we have parts of the skin invisible/non-existent ? (I wish for the energy arm to be floating fragments to accentuate the ghost side, but I suppose it's impossible).

Yeah... no. That would mostly require editing the body model of a Warframe, which by default is not allowed in TennoGen... wait, you aren't changing it in your concept right? Just making sure.

Is there any rule for the name ? I'd like to call it "Revenant Monohoshizao".

I believe there are rules for names, but mostly for stuff like copyright and profanity. There are already TennoGen skins that do somewhat have long names, although they are usually multiple words rather than just one long so... it should be fine.

Finally, if it is accepted, what's the usual way revenues are divided between designer and modeler ?

I'm actually not sure about this. I believe it's either split evenly between the two, or decided by the creators. Could mostly likely be the former, since it would be simpler.

Il y a 1 heure, Scruffel a dit :

Yeah... no. That would mostly require editing the body model of a Warframe, which by default is not allowed in TennoGen... wait, you aren't changing it in your concept right? Just making sure.

Aside for that one thing, no I had no plan to. I actually haven't started on designing the body, I only have the helmet, and it's a rather big WIP for now.

Archived