Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Join random mission

kaz3n

hello

just recently got back into playing Warframe (playing since CBT), fun game as always. When I took a break I was in the middle of doing Steelpath and replaying missions, I really enjoy the difficulty spike it give but as of today it's very hard to find a coop mission for them. I've always wonder why Warframe never had an open "join a mission" or a "Quick mission" button where it will pair you up to a criteria you select (for example you can toggle steelpath mission, or survival, defense missions ect).   

When a new patch cycle comes in I remember I could randomly fill squads for steel path but now maybe the lack of players doing it  makes it very hard to run them... Of course I could man it up and run the most tanky boi inaros (limbo for defense) and clear up everything but coop makes WF really fun, the in and out nature of the game is always fantastic. Also make it worth while for the other Tenno answering the SOS by giving them something like 100 endo for short and 200 for long mission...  

I would love to run those "join a mission" button like right now where I just want to smack some grineer but dont want to run Hydron, 

thanks 

2 hours ago, kaz3n said:

I've always wonder why Warframe never had an open "join a mission" or a "Quick mission" button where it will pair you up to a criteria you select (for example you can toggle steelpath mission, or survival, defense missions ect).

I think its just because of the shear complexity of mission criteria available.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb kaz3n:

hello

just recently got back into playing Warframe (playing since CBT), fun game as always. When I took a break I was in the middle of doing Steelpath and replaying missions, I really enjoy the difficulty spike it give but as of today it's very hard to find a coop mission for them. I've always wonder why Warframe never had an open "join a mission" or a "Quick mission" button where it will pair you up to a criteria you select (for example you can toggle steelpath mission, or survival, defense missions ect).   

When a new patch cycle comes in I remember I could randomly fill squads for steel path but now maybe the lack of players doing it  makes it very hard to run them... Of course I could man it up and run the most tanky boi inaros (limbo for defense) and clear up everything but coop makes WF really fun, the in and out nature of the game is always fantastic. Also make it worth while for the other Tenno answering the SOS by giving them something like 100 endo for short and 200 for long mission...  

I would love to run those "join a mission" button like right now where I just want to smack some grineer but dont want to run Hydron, 

thanks 

I keep saying that ... at railjack it was solved. why not here? the same for kuva liches

8 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

I keep saying that ... at railjack it was solved. why not here?

• It works in Empyrean because at present all the Railjack missions are the same, so the loadout you'd pick doesn't change.

Join any random Star Chart mission you could be fighting Corpus, Grineer, Infested or Corrupted. Better be prepared for a couple of Sentients too, in case you get Lua! That's less of an issue for seasoned players -- but assuming this system would be used by everyone, it's a concern. To allow optimised loadouts, you'd need to be able to authorise the mission type(s) and the faction(s). This demands a dedicated UI, which Railjack missions didn't need.

• in Empyrean there are very few things to be farmed from specific Nodes

Once the player has those drops (or if they don't care about them), they can go anywhere to farm Resources and Intrinsics.

Playing random Star Chart missions OTOH gives random rewards -- implicitly, the player has no extrinsic stake in the success of the mission. As somebody who often plays just for fun, that seems fine to me... but it also creates potential for bored trolls to make a nuisance of themselves, which I feel shouldn't be overlooked.

• in Empyrean, if you have a good Railjack and a decent connection, you'd want to host -- those hosts provide the squads for other players to join.

What happens when, for example, 100 players are wanting to play the Star Chart and clicking on "Join randon squad", but only 10 players have jumped straight into a public mission? 30 players get to join those active missions, but 70 are stuck without a mission to join... and all individually despondent because nobody seems to want to play the game right now.

In principle, I like the idea. It's just a lot more complicated for the Star Chart.

Archived