Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission selection order

PhiThagRaid

Currently it seems that the base mission for any node is the last one on the list, I believe this might be confusing newer players. I've seen players run Invasion missions and get confused why they are not getting the rewards they are expecting and many players run fissure missions without relics. 

The current ordering seems to encourage inexperience players that do not look in detail at every mission they click on to enter the special overlayed mission instead of the base mission.

Just switching this order should allow new players to progress through their star chart without worrying about these overlayed missions until they specifically need to look for them for quest requirements or rail requirements. 

Experiencing these overlay missions may be useful, but currently seems to bring more confusion than clarity.

Just to clarify, the request is to move the base mission to to the position a newer player is most likely to click(which I believe would be the top option, which is also the closest to the click on the node)

Well, it always made sense for me to layer the irregular ones on top. At least for me the order is just right (the base being the one that always stays the same, thus providing the bottom layer, with daily offers layered on top like the special at a restaurant).

In general I am glad it's easier than ever to see what is on offer for a specific node. I seem to recall that it only actually showed whatever special was on offer before. You had to click to even see what mission type the base option represented (and then cancel out again, if it was not what you were looking for).

The one thing that I think might be improved is that the icons on the left, denoting what special type of mission it is (base, sortie, arbitration, syndicate, etc.), might be either more obvious in what they represent, or... maybe add some text. Or just colour the base mission section (the text and images inside it, not the background) in an accent colour from the current theme. Just to make it easier to spot for those who have trouble with the order or with deciphering symbols.

20 hours ago, Aeoni said:

Well, it always made sense for me to layer the irregular ones on top. At least for me the order is just right (the base being the one that always stays the same, thus providing the bottom layer, with daily offers layered on top like the special at a restaurant).

I see how that makes sense, I just think people are more likely to select the first item in a list when they do not know what the options are, since reading is done top down. To me it makes more sense for things to be ordered according to difficulty with the easiest(to play/understand) or at least the most commonly played being at the top.

Archived