Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller not working on PC

(PSN)Natezr

Question

Ok so I've been looking into this the past 3 days and couldn't find anything regarding my particular situation.  The only way the controller even remotely works is if I run the steam version of the game.  Running the standalone client with and without ds4windows doesn't work at all.  However when running it with steam the game treats the right stick for camera as a mouse, so I get no aim assist.  I figured this out because the look sensitivity options (controller) do nothing to change my sens but the mouse ones do.  Basically I just need a way for the game to recognize that I'm using a controller not using a controller pretending to be a mouse.

1 answer to this question

Steam has Drivers for Dual Shock 4, Steam Controller and Nintendo Controllers.... 

If you want to play Warframe using a PlayStation Controller then you really are better off doing it through Steam instead of DS4 Windows....

Steam Input also allows you to Create Binding for the Gyrometer and Touch Pad....

It's probably a good idea to remove DS4 Windows Drivers so that it doesn't conflict with Steam Input.... This is an Issue I had with my Controller... The official Driver was getting in the way of Steam... Causing the Inputs to Double Tap.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Natezr said:

However when running it with steam the game treats the right stick for camera as a mouse, so I get no aim assist

You might have to check your Config to see which Input Style your Stick is using.... It's suppose to be set to "Joy Stick Move"... It might be set to "Mouse" or "Mouse Like Joystick"... Which is janky as hell on games that actually have Controller Support.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Natezr said:

Basically I just need a way for the game to recognize that I'm using a controller not using a controller pretending to be a mouse

Steam Input seems to be the Cause....

If you are unfamiliar with the Feature... Hopefully this will help you either to Configure it... Or just to turn it off:

Archived