Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the new corpus raijack needs a small change

Saesis

Hello. 

I've been playing the new railjack content and so far I like the level design of it. it is kinda cool actually doing stuff in space and having that tech vibe. But the core warframe part of the new railjack content has a very repetitive loot table. The only interesting part of those are the new Nautilus or the Athodai or the Carmine Penta, but after the player gets these items, there will be no need in doing railjack again.

And besides that, the drop table has items we can get by playing the mission normaly so by playing 2 or 3 missions i get full of vidar/sigma/zetki parts. The only good thing about it is the endo you can get by scraping those parts. And it gets even worse if you do a defense or orphix mission. This could be a good way of getting, for example, void relics. If I need (for example) a Iith relic, instead of doing hekpit (void) over and over again, I could do a railjack defense and have the same relics by doing something different. And on devstream 152 and 153, DE_Sheldon talked about cracking relics in void storms so if its true, it would make sense to get more relics in space and then crack them there. 

Venus proxima - Lith relics;

Neptune proxima -  Meso relics;

Pluto proxima - Neo relics;

Veil proxima - axi relics.

It is just an idea because I really think that if they keep the rewards like this, people will just quit railjack because they already have everything. At least change those defense missions rewards because people just go for 5 rounds and they go out. And that happens because there is no need in doing more then 5 rounds.

I'm not even talk about orphix because this post is already big enough but Orphix has the same issue as defense: the rewards are redundant (you can already have them by playing the mission normaly and killing enemy ships). 

Sorry if I have a broken english. 

cheers. 

necessarily

16 minutes ago, Saesis said:

2 or 3 missions i get full of vidar/sigma/zetki parts.

Not at max percentages though.

17 minutes ago, Saesis said:

It is just an idea because I really think that if they keep the rewards like this, people will just quit railjack because they already have everything.

Not necisaraly a bad thing. One way to kill a game mod is to force people to do it  in favor of what they'd like to do.

When void storms come in it might be a way to crack relics faster, or more efficiently than normal. This would give it a greater draw, and leaving relics in other areas of the game encourages player to go back to those parts of the game.

Also remember that corpus liches will be more heavily tied to RJ, and the end fight of Kuva liches is suposidly moving to RJ too. So i dont think theres necessarily going to be a lack of reasons to go back in the near future.

41 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Not necisaraly a bad thing. One way to kill a game mod is to force people to do it  in favor of what they'd like to do.

no no. not force. it would be just another way of getting other stuff (like relics). you could still get them by doing normal missions of course. I just find these new RJ rewards kinda repetitive like: you go to corpus RJ mission and you kill some enemies and they drop railjack stuff. then you do a ground mission and get the same ones you already got. As you said, isn't necessarily a bad thing but It feels redundant after doing it a couple of times. like, why adding an endless mission type for you to get even more RJ parts. Well, it was just an idea but thank you for the reply :)  

5 minutes ago, Saesis said:

and get the same ones you already got.

Like any other missions? Your proposed change isn't any better though. Players that already have so many relics aren't going to like it. At least wreckages can be dissolved for endo while relics will just gathering dust with how common they are on other types of mission. Heck, my stock of relics are keep growing even when I don't really play that much.

35 minutes ago, Saesis said:

no no. not force. it would be just another way of getting other stuff (like relics). you could still get them by doing normal missions of course. I just find these new RJ rewards kinda repetitive like: you go to corpus RJ mission and you kill some enemies and they drop railjack stuff. then you do a ground mission and get the same ones you already got. As you said, isn't necessarily a bad thing but It feels redundant after doing it a couple of times. like, why adding an endless mission type for you to get even more RJ parts. Well, it was just an idea but thank you for the reply :)  

Well, it seems likely to me that if they add more relics it will be more vaulted relics.

23 minutes ago, acevezwing said:

Like any other missions? Your proposed change isn't any better though. Players that already have so many relics aren't going to like it. At least wreckages can be dissolved for endo while relics will just gathering dust with how common they are on other types of mission. Heck, my stock of relics are keep growing even when I don't really play that much.

you made me think a lot. maybe it is me that likes railjack too much and wants to have more ground mission grind stuff brought up to space. but would it be that bad to do that? idk xD

and yee you're right about the dust. i mean i have soooo many relics too and it is true they keep gaining dust but it is also true that cracking them doesn't take you that long. there are void fissures 24h per day. only if you want a rare reward from it because if you just want ducats it is super fast 

Archived