The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Railback ability "Tether" won't work

(PSN)Drex2234

Posted this in Players Helping Players also, hoping for a quick response, but thought maybe I should post here too as this may be the more proper place.

On PS5, just got the update that overhauled Railjack.  Respec'd intrinsics, got crew members from Fortuna, equipped mods on my Railjack, the whole nine yards.

Everything is working fine except that I simply can't use Tether.  And it's for sure not an energy problem.  I can use both my other battle abilities, including black hole which is twice as expensive.  I even switched to Hildryn just in case.

I've tried:

Unequipping then re-equipping the mod
    Restarting the game
    Swapping to a different Tether mod endo'd to a different rank (4 instead of 5)
    Tried removing some other mods at random because why not (grasping at straws at this point)
    Changing to alternate engines & reactors

The kicker is that my brother, also on PS5, just updated and he has no such problem.  Tether works normally for him.  I have absolutely no clue how to fix this.
Please help.  This frustrates me into not even wanting to play the new content until this is fixed, and I was really looking forward to it.

Since I posted this thread, I’ve now also tried:

6. Deleting and reinstalling the entire game.

7. Deleting my settings file and letting a fresh one be created.

8. I tried a different offensive battle mod, which *also* doesn’t fire.  So it looks like no offensive mods will fire for me, not just Tether.

Il y a 5 heures, (PSN)Drex2234 a dit :

Since I posted this thread, I’ve now also tried:

6. Deleting and reinstalling the entire game.

7. Deleting my settings file and letting a fresh one be created.

8. I tried a different offensive battle mod, which *also* doesn’t fire.  So it looks like no offensive mods will fire for me, not just Tether.

Hi, same on ps5.

I can't activate the particle ram it seems the R1+Square is the only one affected.

A bit glad that at least I'm not alone, though the fact that this only seems to affect some users rather than all is frustrating as I'm worried this won't get much attention to be patched quickly as a result.  Would really like to play the new content and take advantage of the boosters, but it's too frustrating to do so without the offensive battle ability which IMO is by far the most important; really it's the only ability I bother using.

Also another thing I've tried to add to the list of failed troubleshooting attempts:

9. Tried installing the PS4 version of Warframe on my PS5.  Same thing.  Ability does not work in either the PS4 or PS5 version of the game.

From my Players Helping Players thread on this, apparently the ability is broken on PC too *but only for controllers*.  If they use keyboard and assign it to a key then it works fine.

Come on DE, fix this please.  Very, very frustrating.  I spent all my free time last night troubleshooting this to no success instead of relaxing.

I've been trying to find out what is going on with the Tether since yesterday and I was like, "Okay may be double tap the square." Did that, nothing. I even pointed to enemies and nothing. I wonder what is going on with the mod in the first place, like is it a code error or is there conflicting assests happening? No idea, but I do know it sucks.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)BeastSlayer876 said:

I've been trying to find out what is going on with the Tether since yesterday and I was like, "Okay may be double tap the square." Did that, nothing. I even pointed to enemies and nothing. I wonder what is going on with the mod in the first place, like is it a code error or is there conflicting assests happening? No idea, but I do know it sucks.

It seems clear from my own testing and other threads that Tether isn't the problem, it's the ability slot that's the problem, and its respective control mapping.  Though we're on PS4/5, a PC player has said he tested and the ability works fine when mapped to a keyboard key, but doesn't work when using a controller (which can't be remapped I guess).  And it doesn't matter which mod you have assigned to that slot... they all don't work, because apparently the game just isn't receiving the command to use the ability correctly.

***I've found a fix that worked for me, everyone please give it a try!***

So even though as far as I'm aware, you cannot re-map battle mod abilities, and if even you can, I never did so... what fixed this problem for me is going into control settings, going to the Railjack tab, then resetting the Railjack controls to default.  Presto, the R1 + square ability (offensive battle mod) works for me again!

Really hope this works for everyone else, please give it a try.  If this does work for others, should there be a PSA thread created somewhere?  Sorry, pretty new to this forum.

10 hours ago, (PSN)Drex2234 said:

***I've found a fix that worked for me, everyone please give it a try!***

So even though as far as I'm aware, you cannot re-map battle mod abilities, and if even you can, I never did so... what fixed this problem for me is going into control settings, going to the Railjack tab, then resetting the Railjack controls to default.  Presto, the R1 + square ability (offensive battle mod) works for me again!

Really hope this works for everyone else, please give it a try.  If this does work for others, should there be a PSA thread created somewhere?  Sorry, pretty new to this forum.

That fixed it. So basically what DE needs to do before releasing a major update is to see if the controls will be conflicted with something then. It is a bug none the less. A major bug for those that try to use R1+ Square. I don't know why the other R1+'s would work but not the Square one

Archived