Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xoris combo bugged since last patches

DestrockQc

No it isn't normal. A xoris has infinite combo. This is supposed to stay at 30/30 no stop and 2X no stop. Now it always return to 0 and I use this mod to double my dmg cause every time I do an heavy attack my combo reset (but don't reset with a xoris, instead we always stay at 30/30 [that's why I'm trying to find a cheap riven mod adding at least 10 initial combo])

Let me elaborate.

Corrupt Charge is supposed to be used on weapons that you do not want to bother with stacking combo and combo efficiency. It will always be on x2 combo, it will visually reset to 0 like this but it will be always on x2 combo (beside some weapons that start with higher combo counter like eg. Fragor).

You will ALWAYS reset your combo when Heavy Attacking depending on your combo efficiency. You will reset 100% combo with 0% efficiency, 60% combo with 40% efficiency and 40% combo with 60% efficiency. There are currently 3 sources of that stat: 2 mods: Focus Energy (good) & Reflex Coil (bad) as well as Zenurik Inner Might pasive. You can use any combination of these but it is capped on 90%. You can never achieve 100%, so you will always drop some combo.

You will also drop combo on Xoris' Heavy Attack, because its special passive ability IS NOT 100% combo efficiency, but infinite combo DURATION. Manual explosion (is what you are doing) is counted as Heavy Attack. If you want to not drop your combo, you should force the explosion with mods like Volatile Rebound or Volatile Quick Return instead.

Corrupt charge is giving you merely 30 starting combo in this case and takes away a mod slot. 30 you can easily achieve with E or RMouse+E combos executed on pair of enemies. Or 8 throws (each throw gives 4 stacks if there are this many enemies, provided that you do not run any combo count chance modificators). Any riven that gives you initial combo will also be similarly useless.

Killing Blow is useless too, just use Amalgam Organ Shatter. The %dmg on Killing Blow only applies to Manual Explosion (which nobody with access to the above information should be doing on Thrown Melee) and doesnt apply to Volatile Explosions. Glaives have already very low wind up (0,6s), reducing it by 60% is enough. Power throw is much better option for %dmg increase.

This is a Xoris build I am using (missing Volatile Rebound).

And thats how it works. 

You will also drop combo on Xoris' Heavy Attack, because its special passive ability IS NOT 100% combo efficiency, but infinite combo DURATION. Manual explosion (is what you are doing) is counted as Heavy Attack. If you want to not drop your combo, you should force the explosion with mods like Volatile Rebound or Volatile Quick Return instead.

I tried with volatile quick return and the combo still drop to 0 and if I throw my xoris and explode it too fast, I'm not on a 2X (at least visually, maybe the UI is just too slow I'm not sure you say this is working. I don't have my simaris key for testing it).

Corrupt charge is giving you merely 30 starting combo in this case and takes away a mod slot. 30 you can easily achieve with E or RMouse+E combos executed on pair of enemies. Or 8 throws (each throw gives 4 stacks if there are this many enemies, provided that you do not run any combo count chance modificators). Any riven that gives you initial combo will also be similarly useless.

This is a very very very big lost of dps. I don't know what you think my dps is but depending the mobs and my crit color, I do between 5k and 400k dmg per explosions. I won't waste my time with normal attacks. I made an explosion build for the aoe...

Killing Blow is useless too, just use Amalgam Organ Shatter. The %dmg on Killing Blow only applies to Manual Explosion (which nobody with access to the above information should be doing on Thrown Melee) and doesnt apply to Volatile Explosions. Glaives have already very low wind up (0,6s), reducing it by 60% is enough. Power throw is much better option for %dmg increase.

Manual explosions is, like, what I do... Have you seen my video or not ? Power throw is the mod I was using before I find the excalibur umbra and I decide to boost my base dmg, and I have also read conflicting informations about it. Some people say it work only on the thrown hit (the direct glaive hit not the explosion) and some people say it work on anything with glaives AND the 100% also stack x3 on the explosions for 300%. I seem to do more dmg that way, and again, I don't have the simaris key. I was of course planning to compare both of them. That key is the next thing I buy from simaris, 50k take time to amass.

Archived