Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Serious Bugs making Railjack almost unplayable.

(XBOX)SecondCarpet

Over the weekend we were 3 people playing in friends only to avoid the broken Matchmaking for Railjack.

Herewith the bugs on Xbox One and One X.

I run a One X, my wife a year old xbox one and my friend an old xbox one. I always host on the One X. None of the consoles are running SSD's.

Sevagoth parts not dropping for whole team. On Friday, my wife got a Sevagoth Chassis, but neither myself or the third person in the game got it to drop. My wife was the only one who had not completed the Call of the Tempestari quest at the time. I think she joined the game in progress.

Relics not opening. When completing multiple Void Storm runs, the relic does not unlock on the second/third run, even if it is opened. 

EDIT: when running Anomalies, void traces does not drop. 

When opening the void relics after the mission objective has been completed also does not give the relic rewards. I think it does take the relics from inventory if it was opened even if you do not get the rewards for the relic. 

EDIT: this problem only happens when someone joins after the mission has loaded. When running Axi relics, the game will give the new player only the option to choose a Lith relic.

Finishing the mission will reward the person(s) with the Lith relic(s)  only. 

Matchmaking & Loading Screens. When I matchmake for Railjack in open, the progress indicator loads to halfway and then just stops, rewind and start again from scratch. This seems not to happen continuously if the game being joined is already in progress. What makes this worse is that if I'm hosting, the game does not load into the mission for as long as players are trying to join, which causes this problem to just repeat itself ad infinitum or until no-one else tries to join.

When launching railjack missions directly from the navigator instead of the railjack in the Drydock, the game switches the host and we get a railjack that is useless. If we launch the game from within the Docked Railjack, this does not happen.

Edit: It seems that the Railjack not moving even though the mission has loaded in, is due to he second/third player still showing the fly in animation. As soon as the person on the flying loop leaves, the game resumes as normal, except they can't join back in. 

Controller buttons 

My RB on the controller seem to have given in. I suspect that it was the last remnants of a working controller that made it look like it was working in other games when tested. 

I have remapped the RB to a different paddle and it seems to be working fine now when running in private. 

Boosting.

EDIT: it seems that the railjack now stop boosting when firing weapons.

LAG. Even though we are on the same 1GB network with a 100MB fibre line, my wife gets a lot of lag in Railjack missions. We do not have this problem outside of Railjack or in other games.

Edit New issue: if for any reason you leave a railjack mission in progress, ie. Game freeze, the game does not allow you to join back with the crew you ran with once you restart the game.

This happens even if no additional enemies or objectives has been jilled/completed. 

Additional Info:

I suspected that my console (One X) was struggling due to the new Series S/X having been released and thus dropped my graphics quality to about 1/2 of what it used to be, but had no luck. I run in it 4K and have not tried 1080P. I will try that tonight and post back if there is any noticeable difference.

I have a 1 Gigabit Asus router connected to a 100MB fibre line. We run CAT7 ethernet cables for both consoles, and the fibre provider's cable between routers. I get about 98% fibre line capacity from my service provider with minimal latency. 

I have cleaned out both Xboxes to ensure there is no dust buildup to cause overheating of components.

UPnP is enabled on the router and our NAT on both consoles are on Open NAT. The line speed was within normal range, but I cannot remember the exact ping atm but it was normal.

We have tried switching the host and party chat so that both are not from the same console.

We are in Cape Town and connect to the US servers with no limit set to ping for matchmaking.

Our friends we play with are local and running fibre as well.

Problems persist running 2/3/4 tenno in a mission. There seems to be no difference in the number of players that load into the missions.

Archived