Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Railjack missions

(PSN)shiwan8

Has anyone tested the new missions, at all? I think that the scaling is wayyyy off the mark. You simply should not expect people to have full groups of practically professionals to get through the relevant missions. I’ll use Volatile as an example since I just wasted 30 minutes of my time with it just to get literally nothing out of it. 

As a general note unless you can fix all the bugs concerning mission icons there’s no point in playing any of it because you have anything from 4 icons up to 7 (my experience) that persist even after those parts of the mission have been completed. Then there are multiple red icons that blink on and off for no apparent reason at all. It’s great to try to get through a mission when you know what to do but the navigation clues are more of a problem than a help. 
Then there’s the fact that you can’t get through a single part of the mission without returning to the ship because the new ”fun” explosive bs breaks the ship faster than boarding crews do, you have to drive close to your target because the archwings can’t take enough punishment to survive the distance from out of harm’s way and because of that the ship ends up in a constant bombardment of boarding crews thanks to forced ship hugging. 
In short; Smart play is forbidden which makes soloing the missions practically anything but fun because you have to micromanage everything instead of playing the mission.

Anyway, those volatile missions. Imagine having to be in 2 places at the same time. You scramble between the release points as fast as you can because if you don’t the mission fails. You also have to deal with the engineers that seem to be almost always eximus units. If you fail to do one of the above the mission fails...but you can’t possibly do that because you are the only player there and so far we as people have only 2 hands and thus can only play one account at any given time. 

Now the obvious solution to all that, except the bugs, would be playing in a group. That’s just impossible though. The way railjack works means that unless you have crew to shoot then no one but the pilot is hitting anything. Also unless you have an engineer in the ship no one is going to repair it while the pilot is doing his/her job. So, essentially because people are people and have people limitations the railjack design makes it impossible to have an efficient run in a group. 
The group is not likely to solve the other problems either because me, as a not even near to the top skill level player still have to almost without exception carry all 3 other members through the mission. That’s not a problem in regular missions but in railjack that’s just a fact of life. 

So, the big ask here is that you play test the hardest missions solo, repeatedly and adjust the solo play accordingly. As it is the railjack is actually worse than it was before the update for anyone who is not willing to suffer through the now prominent problems in it. 

I just came back to the game a couple months ago and ran through the Railjack stuff in the last couple weeks. So I can only speak for how things are since the most recent update. I am for the most part a solo player, and I was able to complete the Railjack star chart without to much difficulty...though there were some points where the game gear checked me a bit....If you put the time in and have the right gear its not so bad. I haven't had the issue you talk about with the icons, the only red blinking i see is the one in the start chart, which indicates which node has the anomoly on it. 

Not sure how far in you are, but I started off by researching the dojo parts, and ran the low level missions collecting enough materials until I could build the MK3 parts and those seemed to last me a good chunk of the missions. the first thing i upgraded was better plating, and infused that for more armor/health. That combined with the "Ironclad Matrix" Aura seemed to be plenty strong enough. The first Orphix mission is possible with just an operator. From there, I made it to Falling Glory defense mission on Venus which I farmed a bunch of intrinsics on (at least 500 waves of defense while farming for Ash Systems BP)...Then once you reach rank 5 Command its basically GG....go to Fortuna and hire 3 Crew members...Engineer for repairs, Gunner for the dorsal turret, and a Defender to protect against invasions. Make sure to hire crew members that dont have scattered/wasted attributes. For example I only want my defender to have points into Combat for damage, and Endurance for health. My Gunner, Points into Gunnery and Combat. My Engineer, points into Repair and Health. 

I always pilot the ship and use a Vidar Laith to help reduce enemy ship armor, while my gunner uses the Vidar Apoc...and my gunner destroys everything as long as I keep the ship aimed where she can hit the targets.  Once you kill most of the targets, you can also try abandoning your ship 8-10k meters away from the objective, and hide it behind some debris, and head out on your archwing, this way your ship wont get destroyed by torpedos and stuff near the main objective. I also used Amesha archwing and a Velocitus archgun and didnt seem to have any issues taking to much damage. you can also out-blink most enemies and attacks, or kill them with the velocitus modded correctly.

As far as frames go, I ran the lower level missions with Mesa. And the higher level missions with Octavia, both proved promising. Mesa was really good for the volatile missions because you can just aimbot across the room with her peacemakers and 1-shot them....I ran into the real roadblock when I reached the 2nd Orphix node on Neptune....this one was much harder, and I couldnt do it with my operator or the necramechs that spawned on the map.  So this is where I had to take a break from from doing railjack and went to Deimos and built the Voidrig. I put 6 forma into it, and got it to level 40 and maxed out all the best mods for it. And I also put a couple forma into the Mausolon for it. I went back to the Orphix mission, I had no issues now that I had a necramech that could take the punishment, and deal out the damage. Voidrig 4 ability is OP and destroys everything super fast. 

So from my experience, yeah its not something you can jump right into and solo away, without putting in some prep work first. But once you equip the right tools for the job, its really a breeze. The "high level" enemy ships get melted quicker then I can shoot them by my AI gunner. 

• 2 months later...

Archived