Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Design Council Dilemma

TryHardigan

You're probably not going to get what you're looking for with the council. While we can on ocassion make decisions, these are usually decisions relating to "what new gun do we make first" or "help us make a new frame/sentinel." Most of the council is previews of stuff coming down the pipe. Like, we knew about the 10 pack restore item BPs beforehand and successfully argued them down from a 500k credit cost to a 250k credit cost.

Even when we do get to choose things, all it allows is for your voice to be heard as one amongst many.

I don't regret my master purchase, but don't go into it expecting you have any real power because you'll end up disappointed.

I'll definitely keep this in mind.

It won't. You're overestimating the Design Council.

Paying 100 bucks for the sole purpose of taking part in nearly pointless polls that everyone whines about for weeks and "sneak peeks" that get leaked within 10 minutes isn't really a good idea.

Spend the money because you want to support the game, not because you want a "perk" or a "gift."

Or not, whatever. It's your money.

My reasons involved both supporting the game and wanting to contribute in a meaningful way when i'm not playing the game, 

as I said earlier, i'm going to support the game regardless (via paying for a founders pack), however.

I was asking if it is wise to pay more than I had previously intended to with the belief that there would be something significantly different

than simply acquiring more platinum, of which I have financially contributed to Warframe through that way in the past.

Hence the dilemma.

Get Hunter, go for Master if you really feel like Skana prime is worth it.

Treat design council as a bonus, if you just want the platinum, still get Hunter for ex prime and then get a 50-75% off coupom, if you wait Steam might throw in good deals as well.

Hmm, that's a great idea, i'll check it out.  *heads over to steam*

Thanks for all of your feedback!

I checked steam and recently learnt that I shall receive another 50 quid by Friday.

Upon carefully weighing the responses of many in this topic, when it comes to contributing, i'll 

stick to making videos and podcasts about things from my own perspective in a constructive manner.

I'll still make more attempts at becoming active on the forums, but videos are what i'll be primarily using

as a form of self-expression in this regard.

As for things that i'd get with the platinum, after reading every post and

watching many reviews by Mogamu and T!ts,  i've finally reached decision town on what i'll get.

I'm buying these with the Master package.

Update 10 - Mega Bundle (it has 50% of what I would like to acquire)

Frost - I have all of his mods from endless amounts of farming,

and I like the defensive utility along with the features of his primary element

Galatine - For Frost and Rhino 

Frost, Rhino & Nova's helmets

Nova  - Because Nova, you know why.

If I have anything left over, i'd possibly throw in a lil' bit more plat to get the day of the dead pack and one forma, or not.

But in the end, i'll still have at least 20-30 to keep for something else, which by Friday. Will be 80!

Phew, we came a long way, but we finally got there (the royal 'we', i'm not going barmy..heh).

Thanks for all of your feedback!

I checked steam and recently learnt that I shall receive another 50 quid by Friday.

Upon carefully weighing the responses of many in this topic, when it comes to contributing, i'll 

stick to making videos and podcasts about things from my own perspective in a constructive manner.

I'll still make more attempts at becoming active on the forums, but videos are what i'll be primarily using

as a form of self-expression in this regard.

As for things that i'd get with the platinum, after reading every post and

watching many reviews by Mogamu and T!ts,  i've finally reached decision town on what i'll get.

I'm buying these with the Master package.

Update 10 - Mega Bundle (it has 50% of what I would like to acquire)

Frost - I have all of his mods from endless amounts of farming,

and I like the defensive utility along with the features of his primary element

Galatine - For Frost and Rhino 

Frost, Rhino & Nova's helmets

Nova  - Because Nova, you know why.

If I have anything left over, i'd possibly throw in a lil' bit more plat to get the day of the dead pack and one forma, or not.

But in the end, i'll still have at least 20-30 to keep for something else, which by Friday. Will be 80!

Phew, we came a long way, but we finally got there (the royal 'we', i'm not going barmy..heh).

There are wiser ways to spend that plat.

But if you like something, you should go for it. In general this game needs only around 500 plat to get everything worth having. So, if you have extra buy whatever you want . :)

There are wiser ways to spend that plat.

But if you like something, you should go for it. In general this game needs only around 500 plat to get everything worth having. So, if you have extra buy whatever you want . :)

I shall spend wisely!

Also, now that i've purchased the founders package, is something supposed to happen to my account or

do I just log out and back in to feel the Master effect on my body?

I've got the gaming rig open with replying to posts on my laptop,  

the plat has just arrived while in-game, which means that the founders thing

went through without a hitch, but my body still doesn't feel any different so i'll

log out and back in to see if the changes are noticeable. 

Done, I can feel the power, I shall use it respectfully.

Because with great Tenno, comes great responsibility to end this war and promote universal peace during times of upheaval. 

This RP thing is quite fascinating, especially when it's unintentionally done while 'in the moment'. 

wanting to contribute in a meaningful way when i'm not playing the game

The Design Council isn't the way to do that. You can't make threads and the only thing you discuss is what DE allows you to discuss, which doesn't go beyond picking a name for something, or DE telling us to spitball suggestions for powers while they decide everything and they do all the work. Everything else, like it's already been said multiple times, finds it way out here.

I've been in the Design Council for 8-9 months. We don't get or do anything meaningful, just scraps and pieces of things that aren't part of the bigger picture. And Founders were supposed to end months ago, but it didn't, and as a result, the DC community has gotten bigger. And what happens when communities grow? The stupidity and annoyance grows. I don't even click on it anymore.

The best way to contribute in a meaningful way is to create well-thought-out and constructive feedback threads in the feedback sections.

I still want a fruit basket instead.

You seem to be assuming that a complete redesign of the way damage is dealt and taken will be of lesser impact. Have you honestly looked at the design doc that Steve posted? It's not some small restructure of the formula. It's a case of completely throwing out the old system and starting from scratch with a completely different design paradigm in mind.

A Design document for a system that has not implemented yet has no value when discussing what actually has been implemented especially since last word we had on the issue, Scott and Steve were still arguing about it. You can be hopeful for awesome changes to come, but save some preparation in case they aren't what you hoped, they get further delayed or they get scraped. But we are talking primarily about what has gone on in the past. and the future just isn't there yet.

A Design document for a system that has not implemented yet has no value when discussing what actually has been implemented especially since last word we had on the issue, Scott and Steve were still arguing about it. You can be hopeful for awesome changes to come, but save some preparation in case they aren't what you hoped, they get further delayed or they get scraped. But we are talking primarily about what has gone on in the past. and the future just isn't there yet.

Wrong.

The last we heard on this issue (livestream 16) Steve had finished up his part and passed it on to the actual programmers for full implementation. It's happening whether you want it to or not.

Done, I can feel the power, I shall use it respectfully.

Because with great Tenno, comes great responsibility to end this war and promote universal peace during times of upheaval. 

This RP thing is quite fascinating, especially when it's unintentionally done while 'in the moment'.

Welcome to the council.

Edited by GottFaust

Dear OP,

My 2cents:

Your style of play should not (infact it should NEVER) be a reason to decide on if you want to be on the DC.

Why should it? What's the co-relation between DC and your style of play got to do with warframe's game development?

I am not part of the DC. If you really want to be part of the DC, i suggest you speak/get more info/read the existing replies on what DC have access to and what they have been involved so far.

Cheers

The Design Council isn't the way to do that. You can't make threads and the only thing you discuss is what DE allows you to discuss, which doesn't go beyond picking a name for something, or DE telling us to spitball suggestions for powers while they decide everything and they do all the work. Everything else, like it's already been said multiple times, finds it way out here.

I've been in the Design Council for 8-9 months. We don't get or do anything meaningful, just scraps and pieces of things that aren't part of the bigger picture. And Founders were supposed to end months ago, but it didn't, and as a result, the DC community has gotten bigger. And what happens when communities grow? The stupidity and annoyance grows. I don't even click on it anymore.

The best way to contribute in a meaningful way is to create well-thought-out and constructive feedback threads in the feedback sections.

I still want a fruit basket instead.

I covered this in post #54 

Wrong.

The last we heard on this issue (livestream 16) Steve had finished up his part and passed it on to the actual programmers for full implementation. It's happening whether you want it to or not.

Welcome to the council.

Thanks, Tenno.

He's talking about £100. With the current conversion rate $100US of Doritos would leave him about $60US for Mountain Dew!

I agree with this fact, but my point still stands! *Gandalf stance*

wholeheartedly agree with u OP about the social side of matchmaking to get organized games going

Aye, it can be difficult at times, but since making this post i've attracted some positive attention

in regard to active individuals who had the same things in mind.

Next, i'll search for a Clan.

Dear OP,

My 2cents:

Your style of play should not (infact it should NEVER) be a reason to decide on if you want to be on the DC.

Why should it? What's the co-relation between DC and your style of play got to do with warframe's game development?

I am not part of the DC. If you really want to be part of the DC, i suggest you speak/get more info/read the existing replies on what DC have access to and what they have been involved so far.

Cheers

'Mmmmmm Tenno...'

That perk didn't play a part in my final decision.

I covered this topic in post #54 on the third page.