Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gas City and Corpus Fleet Endless Fissures

(PSN)xJakeyyyOG

Since the release of the revamped Gas City and Corpus Fleet maps I've noticed that waves of enemies don't flow very well during endless fissures, especially in survival. I thought it was just me, but time and time again, me and my randomly matchmade squads will fail to get enough reactant, even when staying close to each other and waiting for enemies to corrupt. We've actually just stood waiting for several minutes before with no enemies to kill. 

I haven't had this issue on any other map and I actually avoid these two because it can get quite stressful with squad mates pointing the finger at each other and it's frustrating because I know that it isn't anyone's fault. It's a shame, because I like the maps themselves. Maybe something to look into? 

I have never had this issue at IO (I dont; tend to run survival much, so you may be right there!)

Lack fo collecting reactant is nearly always in Earth defence or interception missions - that happens reasonably often, particulary interception. But I've never had it happen elsewhere. not that I'm saying you're wrong, but I'm actualyl interested now in why it would happen for you.

In my experience, its th enukers that do the damage - the corrupted need a second to become fully reactant-droppers and they can be killed in this brief time, dropping nothing. Nukers tend to be killing them exactly in this window. Interception, few enemies spawn at ther low levels and are easily killed the second they appear, so they too don't drop.

TBH I've learned not to care, you get the relic back, and if it was a 100% guaranteed chance to crack them just bvy playing, that would seem wrong somehow. there has to be something you have to do to crack them, with the chance it doesn;t happen, otherwise, there's no point to fissures at all, just give the rewards to any mission you take a relic to.

Oh I don't have trouble with IO. I  have problems with the survival fissures on both tilesets and interception on Corpus Fleet. I should have been more specific, my bad.

There just doesn't seem to be enough enemies for the time frame or only just enough. I don't want anything drastic to be done, the spawn count just seems a little low. I get what you mean that you shouldn't have guaranteed success but it happens every time I play those missions.

Yeah I'm not bothered if I don't open a relic, it's a win win situation, but other squad members get so angry and start berating everyone. I know DE can't help there lol, but I feel like it would happen less with some balancing. I'm practically handing out ignores when I go on those maps.

Oh that's interesting that there's a window where they won't drop reactant. Is that just after their invulnerable buff? I'll keep that in mind, thanks. 

14 hours ago, (PSN)xJakeyyyOG said:

Oh that's interesting that there's a window where they won't drop reactant. Is that just after their invulnerable buff? I'll keep that in mind, thanks. 

I don;t know, but i do know that i have seen corrupted spawn, they do their arms int heair thing, and then they die immediately afterwards, with no reactant drop. So as I'm told they drop 1 reactant for every 3 corrupted, I assume there is a brief time between turning corrupted and being considered corrupted by the game (what with network time etc for the host to inform the clients that these guys are now reactan.. oh, they're dead). It wouldn't surprise me at all.

The onl;y other explanation is that corrupted drop randomly, but that would not be right as every so often you'd get 0 reactant.

Archived