Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Powers

Oates_

This thought was sparked when the devs mentioned that they were considering adding more warframe powers other than the original four that come with a warframe. Many have complained that Prime warframes are nothing more than 'pretty' versions of common frames and that they lack distinction. This idea attempts to blend the two into an efficient solution that applies to both the desire for more content, and the importance and significance of owning a prime warframe.

As you have probably already surmised, primed powers are merely enhanced versions of current warframe powers. The overall goal is to increase the utility or damage dealt by a current power. Here are some ideas that I have come up with.

For Excalibur Prime:

Flash dash: An instantaneous version of the classic slash dash. Ignores unit collision during the much shorter duration. Damage, distance traveled, and cost are not affected.

Piercing Light: Excalibur sends out bolts of energy that penetrate through terrain and deal more damage than the original javelins. Primarily aimed at making his ultimate useful in situations other than a large open space.

For Mag Prime:

Shield Crystallize: Not only does this ability restore allied shields and detonate enemy shields, it also adds a small percentage of resistance to allied shields. Could include a damage buff against affected enemies.

Augmented Crush: The number of enemies afflicted by crush increases its total damage. (certified rhino-proof)

For Frost Prime:

Snowier Globe: Firing from inside the globe increases weapon damage to enemies outside of the sphere.

Augmentalanche: Increases area of effect and leaves survivng enemies frozen in place. (basically an aoe damage and freeze that you don't have to aim.)

I'm not very good with names, so I tried to keep it at least humorous for you, the reader. I hope that I have at least convinced you to consider alternative options for improving Primes. Thank you for your time.

I am glad someone else out there sees that primes need something other than gold plating their armor.  I mean if you are truly a prime frame that should mean you are more elite than your regular version.  Adding a different ultimate to them and tweaking one of their original powers would actually make it worth trying to acquire a prime frame.