Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe major lag spikes when playing. Frames are normal then it suddenly drops to 1-2fps then goes back to normal every 10 or so seconds

Aevyron

Turned on Warframe today and everything was normal until a large lag spike happened that lasted 3 seconds then went back to normal, then it happened again and keeps happening every 10 seconds or so. I thought I could still play so I went into a mission with someone but it wouldn't load me in with them and I would just stuck at the loading screen at 2 fps then I got kicked out of the party and was on my own then it loaded but the lag continued.

What is this glitch? I've seen this happen before on another device and I couldn't find the solution or the cause of the problem

Specifications:

Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 - Intel Core i5 8250U - Intel UHD Graphics 620 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD - Windows 10 Version 20H2 (Build 19042.985)

• 3 weeks later...

I got the same issue and i noted that the game use all of my system memory which is 8GB ram then when it run out of memory it will start using system page file on my SSD and at that point i get frame rate drop for 1 sec. It only started when i switch from classic to enhanced graphics engine. The game only use 2 GB of 6GB VRAM of nvidia GTX 1660 TI so why the game use so much of system memory unless it was memory leak ?

On 2021-06-05 at 5:16 PM, Aevyron said:

Microsoft Surface Laptop 2

Probably a CPU throttling issue with possibly a fix with firmware update. A quick search on the internet shows more information. https://www.google.com/search?q=Microsoft+Surface+Laptop+2+throttling

Can try to update firmware somewhere on Microsoft web pages. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/download-drivers-and-firmware-for-surface-09bb2e09-2a4b-cb69-0951-078a7739e120

Archived