Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the purpose of LEX?

Duewarframe

Lex is a hand-held sniper rifle. It is not a machine pistol. It is a long-ranged purpose weapon for people running with a short range primary weapon. The accuracy is perfect. It will ALWAYS hit exactly where you have the center dot. If you can't aim, that's not the gun's fault. It is slow and has a fairly small clip, so should not be used in short range engagements.

One thing to keep in mind is that you can mod just about every stat of a weapon, except accuracy. Lex has perfect accuracy. Everything else about the weapon can be improved with mods.

That said, please make the weapon model slightly larger. The gun seems to be smaller than a Lato in my hand.

Edited by Ryme

Chiming in here as well, the LEX is pretty good once you get used to it, very useful against infected but not really that good against stronger enemies as stated earlier and I'd like to add grinners to that because they are mainly covered by armor and the only way to do decent damage is headshots, which causes problems because of the fire rate.

It gets better after you get a couple of fire rate ranks on it, though it might be a good idea to increase the base fire rate to the fire rate the LEX has with one fire rate rank upgrade.

The Lex is my secondary when using my Strun. It works really well, being a deadly accurate handcannon for targets out of the effective range of my Strun. That and it makes me feel like a badass when I hear it's meaty "BLAM!"

Sporadic accuracy? I don't know... I've never had issues with it- the bullets go exactly where the dot on the crosshair is, every single time. If you are having a bad time with it, try treating it like a sniper rifle.

Use it only at med to longer range against static or slow moving targets. Don't go mad with the fire rate, pick your shots and make sure to aim at the weakspots.

Edited by Nitris

I think it's important to point out that the clip size upgrades in the upgrade board (spec board?) don't actually increase the number of shots per reload on the Lex. Just another thing contributing to it being somewhat subpar.

At least it's very ammo efficient for a pistol! The damage is phenomenal. It just takes forever to kill anything mid-level or higher until you get a good setup of mods just because it fires SO SLOWLY, and even then you need to keep on the headshots.

Edited by PocketSand

I'm thinking about getting the Lex as I have 288k sitting around doing nothing. How does it fare on bosses?

Not well. The Lex's role is killing mobs at medium to long distance if you have a short range primary. Unless you slap a bunch of multishot mods on it, but those make any gun a murder machine.