Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Confusion About Carrier's Leveling Speed

blackflashcannon

Question

9 answers to this question

That's because of how Sentinels gain XP. The wiki (take however you will, information might not be 100% accurate) states that sentinels actually get no XP from kills with their weapons or kills with your Warframe powers. So the fact that Carrier has such a good weapon actually holds it back from leveling if you have modded it for effectiveness. I've noticed this myself as well. My Carrier was at about 21 for the longest time which makes sense considering at the time I was playing a lot of Nova, Rhino and other frames that get a lot of power kills. On top of that what I wasn't killing with my powers, Carrier was killing with his shotgun. So a lot of the time I had him out I wasn't gaining XP for him. It wasn't until I started trying to level up some weapons solo to get to Rank 6 for some clan tech weapons that I really saw his XP rise considerably.

So if the information from the wiki is right about how sentinels gain XP it would explain a lot about why Carrier takes so long to level. The combination of people using a lot of abilities for kills and Carrier's own weapon being extremely good hamstring its XP gain.