Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

When breaking an enemies shield, the leftover damage applied to HP is extremely high

Zemo

TYPE: In-Game
DESCRIPTION: Damage that is carried over from shield to HP does way too much damage. Instead of leftover damage being applied to HP, it applies 200% of the original damage.
VISUAL: https://gfycat.com/wavyfondamericanredsquirrel

// When damage doesn't carry over to HP, it does normal damage.

57Stropha.PNG

// When damage carries over to HP, the total damage is 3x more.

56Stropha.PNG

REPRODUCTION: Get a headshot on an enemy that finishes their shield and has leftover damage applied to HP
EXPECTED RESULT: In my example, I used an unmodded Vectis Prime (with double zoom HS), which does 1162 shield damage and 980 HP damage, on a level 56 Stropha Crewman, which has 1161 shield. I would expect the damage to deplete the enemies shields, and then only do a small amount of HP damage.
OBSERVED RESULT: Unmodded Vectis Prime did 200% more damage than it should have. There was only 1 damage leftover to apply to HP, but it did 1860 damage. This is twice the damage that the weapon would do on HP normally.
REPRODUCTION RATE: This is 100% reproducible.

Can confirm.

I've used a simple Bolto, only modded with extra base damage. As can be seen here, it deals 355 damage to shields (level 29 Prod Crewman):

dUYBF7Q.png

If I lower the level of the Prod Crewman a bit (level 26), I suddenly deal a lot more damage. In fact, it's definitely not possible to get 676 health damage from the "missing" 355 - 330 = 25 shield damage:

msQy3BH.png

Archived