Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simplest Solution To The Nova Too Op Problem

Valafor

We all know the truth. Most people are just unhappy that M-Prime steals their kills. So why not just make it so that whoever sets off the charge gets all the credit for the kills? Now everyone is happy :)

Heh, that was a funny one :D

But it does not address the problem with the ease it is clearing stuff, which is the main issue with that ability as well as Rhino Stomp, Mag's Pull and so on.

My suggestion is to reduce the explosion radius, so that you have to stack the enemies to actually make them do damage to each other.

But lately it seems like it is not doing the damage it used to do, like the damage has a falloff, compared to earlier where everything in range of an exploding enemy took 500 damage. Which is a good thing, in my opinion.

No, i love when they do the whole work for me, easier to level up my warframe and weapons at once.

The only difference is who gets credit for the kills, not who gets the XP. That means XP is still being shared, but at the mission results the number of kills is different.

LOL NO. Then people would be stealing kills from the Nova. Now everyone would be &!$$ed.

Most Nova players claim they are just "helping the team". If the big explosion is still in the game, just a different person is getting credit for it, then it is still "helping the team". The only way they could complain to that is if they are all hypocrites.

The only difference is who gets credit for the kills, not who gets the XP. That means XP is still being shared, but at the mission results the number of kills is different.

Except for the fact that as is usually the Nova isn't ranking much, if any, gear. I usually run my Nova when I'm trying to help a friend level just about everything, and I'll bring maybe one thing of my own that needs leveled. If you're on a maxed Rhino and I'm on a maxed Nova, that's a ton of XP that's getting wasted on your Rhino just because you want the kills. Yes, when Nova does it it's also a waste, but that's not why I run Nova. 

Edited by Colorswirl

Heh, that was a funny one :D

But it does not address the problem with the ease it is clearing stuff, which is the main issue with that ability as well as Rhino Stomp, Mag's Pull and so on.

My suggestion is to reduce the explosion radius, so that you have to stack the enemies to actually make them do damage to each other.

But lately it seems like it is not doing the damage it used to do, like the damage has a falloff, compared to earlier where everything in range of an exploding enemy took 500 damage. Which is a good thing, in my opinion.

How about this, the xp given out is shared more equally, and for those who complain about not having many kills, deal with it, if the xp is shared then the kills dont exactly matter unless your actually aiming to get the most kills, in which case thats your own problem.

I can't see where the problem is, regarding Nova kills. The ability is Nova's ultimate skill and if other players wanted her kill, an aoe damage skill would take the kills with double damage. Explosions in the aftermath don't matter if you aoe wiped the mob group, stealing the kills before the effect. You can make a nova spend a lot of her energy and not get a kill out of it if you wanted it that way. It's only a matter of the nova's and other player's morale.

I don't think the problem lies in kill credit at the end of mission. It's the fact that M-prime make other players participate less during the mission. Low level missions are pretty much about staring at the screen while following Nova and watch her nuke all the thing to oblivion. That's not really fun to play but that's a lot of free EXP. Still, it's boring.

High level M-prime is all about damage buff and movement debuff with occasional chaining kill. She's tailored for these missions and work well here with other frames.

Bad scaling, that's the problem. 

We all know the truth. Most people are just unhappy that M-Prime steals their kills. So why not just make it so that whoever sets off the charge gets all the credit for the kills? Now everyone is happy :)

We all know the truth. Most people just don't care about who kill a bunch of npc. they are after the XP or the end rewards.

Most people are also grinding their gear to get their mastery level up. So they very often have one or two of their three weapons that they won't use at all, just as XP sponges, and the weapon/frame they do use is maxed. If some random bullet they fire coud start a chain fire, some of them might even decide to not fire at all at primed npcs, and just leech from the team.

Now, is your truth truer than mine?

Whatever the case, your proposal would bring adverse secondary effects for nothing more than bragging rights, so, No.

Edited by Shadowsword8

I just wish they would decrease the range of the ability. A lot.

If you reduce the range of the ability by a lot, then it will be borderline useless once you get up into levels 130+, because the debuff will only apply to a few enemies and the explosions will barely scratch them. It will not even be a viable CC at that point.

I don't think the problem lies in kill credit at the end of mission. It's the fact that M-prime make other players participate less during the mission. Low level missions are pretty much about staring at the screen while following Nova and watch her nuke all the thing to oblivion. That's not really fun to play but that's a lot of free EXP. Still, it's boring.

High level M-prime is all about damage buff and movement debuff with occasional chaining kill. She's tailored for these missions and work well here with other frames.

Bad scaling, that's the problem. 

Exactly. And the solution is not to make it worthless at high levels as most people seem to be suggesting here on the forums. The problem is how easily kills chain in low-level content, making clearing rooms trivial.

The chaining aspect of it needs to be nerfed, maybe removed. If the chaining of the explosions was removed my guess is that many Novas will have problems clearing away huge mobs of enemies in eg. Survival, which makes it harder to resurrect people there (ie. you *need* a Rhino/Mag or similar frame in those circumstances). Removed chaining would make Molecular Prime more of a pure debuff, with the occasional damage added in when enemies die.

Just nerfed explosion radius might be a better solution, but needs testing.

If you reduce the range of the ability by a lot, then it will be borderline useless once you get up into levels 130+, because the debuff will only apply to a few enemies and the explosions will barely scratch them. It will not even be a viable CC at that point.

Exactly. And the solution is not to make it worthless at high levels as most people seem to be suggesting here on the forums. The problem is how easily kills chain in low-level content, making clearing rooms trivial.

The chaining aspect of it needs to be nerfed, maybe removed. If the chaining of the explosions was removed my guess is that many Novas will have problems clearing away huge mobs of enemies in eg. Survival, which makes it harder to resurrect people there (ie. you *need* a Rhino/Mag or similar frame in those circumstances). Removed chaining would make Molecular Prime more of a pure debuff, with the occasional damage added in when enemies die.

Just nerfed explosion radius might be a better solution, but needs testing.

It would be viable enough. It's not supposed to be your main killer. You are supposed to use your weapon too. Have you tried that on Nova yet? Using your weapon?

Even with a range reduction, the ability would be viable ENOUGH. It's still powerful. The current range is freaking ridiculous. And most Nova's (pay attention to the "most"), all they do is spamming 4. it's boring and annoying. "then play solo", no, I like to socialize in the game and meet new people.

It's the fact that M-prime make other players participate less during the mission. Low level missions are pretty much about staring at the screen while following Nova and watch her nuke all the thing to oblivion. That's not really fun to play but that's a lot of free EXP. Still, it's boring.

But what you're describing I could do even easier and with less effort with mag's pull and several other frames when i begin to think about it. So I'm back to why nova in specific, it's not like she stands out more than a little in efficiency now.

You're an idiot, simple. Its nothing to do with people stealing kills, it's to do with it not being fun when there is nothing for you to kill

It would be viable enough. It's not supposed to be your main killer. You are supposed to use your weapon too. Have you tried that on Nova yet? Using your weapon?

Please do not insult me. My main killer when I play Nova is my primary weapon, and AM drop (Lanka + AM drop = surprisingly good). I only use M Prime when I really do need to clear stuff fast (or in high level defense/survival when the debuffs are almost necessary), which is not as common as you might think. During normal missions I use it maybe once every two missions unless I am doing survival or defense.

Please do not insult me. My main killer when I play Nova is my primary weapon, and AM drop (Lanka + AM drop = surprisingly good). I only use M Prime when I really do need to clear stuff fast (or in high level defense/survival when the debuffs are almost necessary), which is not as common as you might think. During normal missions I use it maybe once every two missions unless I am doing survival or defense.

I'm sorry I didn't mean it as an insult. And it's great that you choose not to use it all the time, but a lot of Nova players does. And for a lot of people, it's annoying.

I'm sorry I didn't mean it as an insult. And it's great that you choose not to use it all the time, but a lot of Nova players does. And for a lot of people, it's annoying.

Yes, excessive spamming of any ultimate worth using is annoying. Honestly, during the event I had more "problems" with Rhinos using Overextended and Mags with Pull, but at the time I didn't really mind because it sped up the clears.

The main problem I see with the ability is that it is too easy to get off a chain explosion. I am not really sure if you agree there, but at least that is the problem I see.

Yes, excessive spamming of any ultimate worth using is annoying. Honestly, during the event I had more "problems" with Rhinos using Overextended and Mags with Pull, but at the time I didn't really mind because it sped up the clears.

The main problem I see with the ability is that it is too easy to get off a chain explosion. I am not really sure if you agree there, but at least that is the problem I see.

I agree and thats why I thought that decreasing the range would be a nice fix. The ability itself is fine, but the amount of mayhem it causes is over the edge