The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List Of Weapons I Would Like To Use In-Game (Wish List)

matrixEXO

At this point we're arguing semantics for the most part. We can agree to disagree, yeah?

One last thing, though: Those "protrusions" on the Furax are most likely the power-packs supplying any necessary energy (I'm assuming there is some sort of acceleration or momentum-multiplier field generated by the welded-on bolts, judging by the description stating they're "far more devastating" than most melee weapons), and the flap of metal behind that is probably designed as a brace more than a guard, so your wrist doesn't bend backwards when striking an opponent (our wrists can tolerate a decent amount of force when bent towards the palms, but bending towards the back of the hand with any substantial amount of pressure WILL result in injury - hence, the braces).

On topic: I forgot about the Sais and Katars! This game needs more Sais and Katars.

I can agree that you have been directing the argument towards a question of semantics than the issue of whether the Furax are gauntlets, though I can hardly "agree to disagree" on a factually inaccurate notion such as "gauntlets can only be considered as such if they cover the forearms as well."

That would be like agreeing to disagree on whether Manx cats are really cats since they lack long tails (or are completely tail-less), on the basis of long tails being an anatomical trait which is commonly associated with cats.

There are differences of opinion ("Chocolate is better than vanilla"), and then there are cases where the other party is just plainly mistaken ("It's OK officer, my buddy here just downed 6 bottles of Johnny Walker 20 minutes ago, but he still feels fine. Put the breathalyzer away. Let's just agree to disagree on how sober he actually is.").

As for myself, in terms of melee weapons, I'm really liking everything the Orthos Prime, and that prompts me to wonder if we could get another dual-bladed weapon*, like the mahne from Pumpkin Scissors (which somewhat resembles the two-bladed sword from Neverwinter Nights, save for the secondary handle). 

http://pumpkinscissors.wikia.com/wiki/M%C3%A4hne

*I'm hoping they might use animations similar to the fight sequence in the anime instead of just copying the Orthos/OrthosPrime ones. Well, similar as far as copyright will permit anyway. Is combat choreography even eligible for copyright?

Edited by 413X

I'm hoping they might use animations similar to the fight sequence in the anime instead of just copying the Orthos/OrthosPrime ones. Well, similar as far as copyright will permit anyway. Is combat choreography even eligible for copyright?

If people see a similar (or exact) weapon design with the exact combat choreography, it's possible. But then again, PS is originally a japanese anime (dubbed in the west) so you shouldn't see a western company suing DE for it (if it does become a copyright issue). Wishing for a type of weapon is fine, don't wish for the combat choreography as well.

Edited by matrixEXO

LOL @ pic.

Apparently, this thing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_guillotine

I have a hard time making out the "schematic" though.

I think you'd probably be better off with Chakrams or Wind And Fire Wheels, because that thing is off the scales absurdity meter. How would you even...? I mean... what?

How about Butterfly Swords? Or Hook Swords? Three-section Staves? Plenty of fun could be had with those in the animations department (and they'd be fun to play with as well! Unless DE botches everything and makes them suck, as is their wont with melee weapons lately).

Since we seem to be on the subject of throwing weapons.... here's a video for something that would be ridiculously OP...

(the video quality is kind of bad, be warned)

I guess the multi-ring homing attack would be a charge attack. (probably put it down to multi-dimensional manifestation or instant replication tech I guess)

Never going to happen though, unless they make it a mastery rank 100 weapon. :D (Note: no extra 0's here, i do mean 100) Not to mention requiring boatloads of materials in order to craft it.

Pulsed Energy Projection System. It needn't even do a lot of damage (it's a nonlethal weapon in Deus Ex, in fact), but as you can see in the video, it sends everything flying (to include a photocopier too heavy for you to lift without a strength upgrade, in a different video). So much crowd control and utility potential.

Please. *drools a little*

Edited by Eliard

Power hammer , sword , fists

Please... N.O.! You know that using a Warhammer 40k weapon in this game would be as suicidal as bombing the Pentagon, right?

Pulsed Energy Projection System. It needn't even do a lot of damage (it's a nonlethal weapon in Deus Ex, in fact), but as you can see in the video, it sends everything flying (to include a photocopier too heavy for you to lift without a strength upgrade, in a different video). So much crowd control and utility potential.

Please. *drools a little*

Don't think this is ever gonna be in this game. Not at it's current state anyway. Not gonna write it down because if I did, I would be calling it a Shockwave Cannon.