Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reasons To Use Weapons After Maxed Out?

Detheroc

Hey everyone,

Im that kind of player that needs a purpose to use a weapon, even if i love the feeling of it, when having it
maxed, 3 times forma'd and the best mod build on it, i just dont want to use that weapon anymore cause i
dont see any sense of using it over a weapon that needs the affinity more. Maybe we could do something
with that spare affinity we get when using a level 30 weapon?

Hey everyone,

Im that kind of player that needs a purpose to use a weapon, even if i love the feeling of it, when having it

maxed, 3 times forma'd and the best mod build on it, i just dont want to use that weapon anymore cause i

dont see any sense of using it over a weapon that needs the affinity more. Maybe we could do something

with that spare affinity we get when using a level 30 weapon?

My Soma has 2 formas, I call it "Boss Destroyer", I still use it when I need to kill bosses, but rarely I use for other things... I guess every weapon has it's purpose (depending on the player), My Strun Wraith I use for Rushing Exterminate, My Dread is for fun and I really do like using Seer or Ballista

Call me crazy (lord knows, most medical professionals do), but I've always found that doing damage, not running out of ammo, and killing enemies before they kill you is more valuable than affinity. Unless I'm not going to use a weapon because my other two more than compensate and I'm just leeching XP off people who are using the weapon slot I'm not using (like bringing a low-level primary when my secondary and melee weapons do the job perfectly), I always try to bring weapons that do actual damage to high level missions. And I'm fine with the mods, money, and resources I get.

I don't mean to assume or anything, but it sounds like you haven't done any insanely high-level missions. Once you do, you'll realize that keeping yourself and your team alive is more important than nudging up your mastery rank.

it could work like hawken. a part of the affinity you get with a maxed weapon/warframe can be used on other non-maxed weapons/warframes.

but only a part, maybe 10%, because with how much affinity you get in high level missions you could level up weapons you never used to level 30 with no problems.

With current damage model, there is no reason to use older weapons. Just chuck them for space bucks and inventory space, or keep them in your collection. (If you're a space ninja hoarder like me, there are less options.) The upcoming damage model promises to address this a little, but I'm still worried we'll face the same situation.

Call me crazy (lord knows, most medical professionals do), but I've always found that doing damage, not running out of ammo, and killing enemies before they kill you is more valuable than affinity. Unless I'm not going to use a weapon because my other two more than compensate and I'm just leeching XP off people who are using the weapon slot I'm not using (like bringing a low-level primary when my secondary and melee weapons do the job perfectly), I always try to bring weapons that do actual damage to high level missions. And I'm fine with the mods, money, and resources I get.

I don't mean to assume or anything, but it sounds like you haven't done any insanely high-level missions. Once you do, you'll realize that keeping yourself and your team alive is more important than nudging up your mastery rank.

I did pretty many t3 defences and long t3 survivals. And still it feels better if you level a Strun wraith 25 to 30 instead of having it 30 all the time and get no progress at all.

Edited by Detheroc

U didnt read my post.. gj dont answer if you didnt read the goddamn post. I said it isnt fun anymore for me and some others.

calm down darling. i wrote one word.

and you answered your own question, what to use it, use it. dont want to? dont.

the idea that you "max" a weapon serves two purposes in this game, that it gave you mastery rank and raw usefulness in terms of what faction you are fighting.

if those two things dont tickle your fancy..... use them for fun?

the game revolves around trying new weps and doing new things. if you got more exp from a max wep that kills that element of the game. you will always get to a point, even if such a system was in place, where you end up "maxing" everything and must decide ...... fun or no fun?

your a real charmer, we should be friends ^_^

Metagerbil has a point.

Even if they allowed you to keep accumulating mastery by using the same gun, you would reach the end of leveling anyway at max mastery, which is 12+ (not yet 13), then you would be unhappy all over again.

What do you mean with "a weapon that needs the affinity more"? The point of the game isn't maxing all the useless and crappy weapons in the Market.

Youhaveshamedyofamory has another good point.

3 formas is not "maxed out", especially if the weapon is crap like Grakata or is sub-optimal like Supra.

Also your attitude isn't really friendly, and won't attract a lot of sympathy. Especially in a meh community like this. But hey, Teh Internets!

Metagerbil has a point.

Even if they allowed you to keep accumulating mastery by using the same gun, you would reach the end of leveling anyway at max mastery, which is 12+ (not yet 13), then you would be unhappy all over again.

What do you mean with "a weapon that needs the affinity more"? The point of the game isn't maxing all the useless and crappy weapons in the Market.

Youhaveshamedyofamory has another good point.

3 formas is not "maxed out", especially if the weapon is crap like Grakata or is sub-optimal like Supra.

Also your attitude isn't really friendly, and won't attract a lot of sympathy. Especially in a meh community like this. But hey, Teh Internets!

1. The mastery wasnt the point.

The point was to trade spare affinity for weapon stat benefits or something like that.

And its all a question of scaling, not "Op weapons get easily more op with this".

2. What is the point of the game then?

3. I apologize for not choosing my words correctly, *insert any number you are pleased with here* times formad.

1. The mastery wasnt the point.

The point was to trade spare affinity for weapon stat benefits or something like that.

And its all a question of scaling, not "Op weapons get easily more op with this".

2. What is the point of the game then?

3. I apologize for not choosing my words correctly, *insert any number you are pleased with here* times formad.

1. same issue. You will hit a upper limit or it becomes a god-weapon. Then you are unhappy all over again.

2. killing stuff while looking cool. Any game has upper numerical limits that can be reached relatively quickly if specifically aimed at. I rarely encounter hoarders or levelers that are happy of a game. They rush to exhaust all the game content, then when they have all stuff (and everything maxed if they are also levelers) they lose interest and go find another game to do this all over again.

I'm usually entertained enough when I can be the squad-support-weapon guy. Blowing up S#&$ with rockets, mortars or artillery weapons depending on game. Also keeping the rest of the team alive.

Edited by bobafetthotmail