Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Concept] Tengu, The Samurai.

DarknightK

"Samurai Frame"

Names: Tengu, from the Buddhist vision of a harbinger of war.

[FULL BODY PICTURE COMING SOON ONCE I NAG IGNUSDEI ENOUGH]

Stats(Base):

Health: 100

Shields: 150

Armor: 75

Shield Regen: 25.0

Sprint: 1.0

Power: 100

Polarities: x4 Slash, x2 V, x1 Dash

Abilities

Warped Onslaught: Tengu Teleports forward, slashing with his katana as he appears. Hits enemies in a straight line. Does armor ignore damage. Enemies that are killed by this power will remain frozen until the animation has finished. Once Tengu sheaths his katana, enemies will become unfrozen, and will be cut in two pieces horizontally. [Affected by Power Damage and Power Range mods]

Stats: Damage/[Number of Warps]/[Range]

Lv 0: 150/1/2m

Lv 1: 250/2/4m

Lv 2: 350/3/6m

Lv 3: 450/4/8m

Duality: Tengu sits down and meditates, increasing his mental awareness [Affected by Power Duration]

Path of Solitude: If Tengu isn't attacked during the cast duration, all teammates will benefit from increased accuracy and bonus perception (enemies within x meters of players will be highlighted through terrain)

Stats: Accuracy/Perception Range/[Duration]

Lv 0: +5%/5m/10s

Lv 1: +10%/7.5m/20s

Lv 2: +15%/12m/30s

Lv 3: +30%/20m/50s

Path of Vengeance: If Tengu is attacked by an enemy (ONLY by enemies), he will unleash a maelstrom of anger, empowering his teammates with increased melee strength and will provide an aftereffect image that will confuse enemies into attacking one of the clones, thereby lowering their accuracy.

Stats: Melee Damage/[Duration]

Lv 0: +15%/7s

Lv 1: +30%/13s

Lv 2: +45%/18s

Lv 3: +60%/25s

Avenger: When this power is activated, Tengu unleashes his inner demon, taking revenge for those who have felled his allies

Only works if a teammate has been downed, or if Tengu himself is downed. When activated Tengu warps to the first fallen teammate. After the cast animation, Tengu will experience increased damage resistance and increased weapon damage. After reviving an ally, they get the same bonus as well. This can be recast up to three times, stacking the bonus effects on Tengu. If Tengu is downed, he may activate this ability a set number of times depending on Mod Rank to instantly revive himself, along with the added bonuses. [Affected by Power Damage and Power Duration]

Stats: Damage Resistance/[Weapon Damage]/[Duration]/Self-Revive (Solo)/Self-Revive (Team)

Lv0: +5%/+10%/20s/1/1

Lv 1: +7%/+12%/25s/2/1

Lv 2: +9%/+14%/30s/3/1

Lv 3: +12%/+18%/35s/4/1

Fatal Edge: Tengu projects a stasis bubble around him, immensely slowing down enemy units around him while unsheathing his sword and going into a Raiden-like Blade Mode. During this mode, Tengu's vision will be slightly zoomed in, and enemies inside the stasis bubble will have their weakest parts highlighted. By tapping the right mouse button, Tengu will warp to that enemy(within the bubble), and by hitting the left mouse button, Tengu will slice at that enemy along a random axis. If the enemy is killed, they will be sliced into pieces along the axes that they were attacked in. Enemies take minor DoT while suspended in Stasis. [Affected by Power Damage Power Range, and Power Duration Mods]

Stats: [stasis Radius]/Stasis DoT/Critical Chance/[Damage Per Slash]/[Duration]

Lv0: 10m/4.5 per second/+100%/150/15s

Lv1: 15m/7.5 per second/+120%/300/20s

Lv2: 20m/10 per second/+140%/350/25s

Lv3: 25m/10 per second/+160%/350/30s

(Critical Damage is independent, since Tengu is using his personal sword, not his melee weapon)

For those who are unfamiliar with Metal Gear Revengeance and Blade Mode:

Edited by DarknightK

Balance the stats a bit, for a tank he is fast with more energy pool than his brothers.

Warped onslaught for first skill a bit too much utility.

Duality: i'm not sure enemy accuracy can be adjusted, grineer are pin-point accurate.

Avenger: Useless in Solo i'm afraid but otherwise sounds decent, maybe change it to low hp.

Fatal edge: i got confused here, what is raiden-like blade mode? i'm not sure the engine can handle this.

Edited by Morgax

Balance the stats a bit, for a tank he is fast with more energy pool than his brothers.

Warped onslaught for first skill a bit too much utility.

Duality: i'm not sure enemy accuracy can be adjusted, grineer are pin-point accurate.

Avenger: Useless in Solo i'm afraid but otherwise sounds decent, maybe change it to low hp.

Fatal edge: i got confused here, what is raiden-like blade mode? i'm not sure the engine can handle this.

Yeah, he seemed too much for a Tank, toned down some of his stats a bit.

As for Duality, there is an Aura, which will be added soon possibly, that reduces the accuracy of robotic enemies, straight from the Mod description.

Whether it will actually be implemented is unknown, but it looks like DE is trying to configure enemy accuracy.

Avenger can be used in Solo as well. It can be activated when your down, but only for a set number of times per game(it can even be used in team-play, but its not recommended unless completely necessary [You only get one!])

Fatal Edge kind of already exists in Rhino's Stomp and Ash's bladestorm, as YouHaveShamedYoFamory said, except it works more similar to Ash's bladestorm and that video of Metal Gear Rising I just posted. It slows down enemies by an unchangeable value of about 90-95%, letting Tengu get close to them and slicey-slice them to bits. If enemies walk outside the Stasis bubble, the DoT persists for a few seconds (I'm thinking 1-2), but the Stasis effect is immediately removed.

Thus, there is no "Insta-Damage" for this skill, and likewise, you may only teleport around to enemies within the bubble (you can use the arrow keys to WALK to adjacent enemies, but the teleport is for reaching those distant enemies).