Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons Skins should change their sound effects accordingly to their appearance

Moyo.

Even though this problem happens with every weapon skin in the game, an easy way of explaining it is with the infamous Silva & Aegis Prime and just to be clear from the beginning, my complaint is not about the looks, but about the sound effects of the weapon. 
I bought the Oberon Feyarch Collection because I wanted my Silva & Aegis prime to have a sword. And even though the skin looks fantastic and shows clearly a sword, the sound effect when it hits enemies is still the "bonk" like the effect of the original Silva & Aegis Prime, like if I'm using a staff.
This is annoying and I can't stand to hear a "Bonk" when my Oberon is using a golden sword. This ruins the atmosphere and the immersion someone has in the game making you feel like you are using a toy sword instead of a real one.
I don't know why they haven't change it already, maybe it's because the real weapon (Silva & Aegis prime) doesn't deal slash damage so the sound that plays is the default of weapons that don't cut the enemy. However, I don't want the weapon to deal slash damage because it has a skin that looks like a sword, I want the weapon to sound like a sword because I paid for it to look and feel like a sword.

DE should change the sound effects of a weapon accordingly to match the skin the weapon is using. This means that, if someone pays for the skin of a sword and a shield, that someone should get the fully immersive experience of using a sword and a shield, not just half of the experience.

Archived