The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So here's a cool-ish Warframe concept DE is never going to see.

-Acquardio-

So out of the 47 frames we have so far, I can't really find one with a theme of gravity, space and conservation of energy. You can nit pick some abilities out of the bunch but a frame who thematically revolves around gravity would be pretty cool ngl. So I've been thinking of a concept.

Hope y'all enjoy.

(Please provide feedback and criticism.)

Apollo- He is the one who has been cast a drift into the cosmos. The weightless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Health: 200/250/300

Armor: 250/275/300

Shields: 600/650/700

Energy: 225/250/275

Speed: 1.10

Inertia(This is your basic DR ability) Apollo changes the gravity around his body to soften incoming blows providing 25%/50%/75% damage reduction. At the end of Inertia, a percentage of the damage that was reduced is converted into to shields that caps into over-shields. This ability lasts for 10/15/20 seconds. |Ability Duration is affected by duration mods; DR provided is affected by ability strength with a cap of 90%|-(Shield conversion is a set value TBD) Energy cost is 25

Drift- Apollo embraces his inherit weightlessness and becomes free from gravity's shackles. Apollo is able to fly freely at his sprint speed for a short duration of 6/8/10 seconds. Cancel Drift while above ground to piledrive straight down at a great speed. This does damage in an AOE with special effects. Initial damage of the piledrive is 400/600/800 impact damage. All enemies within an 8/12/16 meter radius will float 3 meters above the ground for 5 seconds (This cannot be changed). All enemies within a 4/6/8 meter radius will also float and affected by heat procs (stats of heat proc damage and duration TBD)|Ability duration (along with status duration) is affected by duration mods; Movement speed in Drift is affected by sprint speed mods; Piledrive damage and heat proc damage is affected by power strength mods| Energy cost is 50

Fullforce Flux-Apollo crushes and tires his enemies with the force of several atmospheres, CC-ing them for a duration of 8/12/16 seconds within a 10/15/20 meter radius. Enemies slain under the effect of Fullforce Flux will have an increased chance to drop an energy orb [value TBD]. (This ability does not do any damage by itself) |Ability duration is affected by duration mods; Ability range is affected by range mods; Energy orb drop chance is affected by power strength| Energy cost is 75

Black Hole-Apollo sends out a projectile that summons a black hole once it has made contact with a surface. The black hole has a level up mechanic that will instantly kill 8 enemies to use as fuel. Black Hole first begins by dragging in enemies from a 15/20/25 meter radius. Black Hole increases in size as it levels up and expands its range by 1 meter per level. If 2 enemies are consumed, Black Hole will become level 1, 4 enemies for level 2, 6 enemies for level 3, and if 8 enemies are consumed all at once, Black Hole will reach level 4. In short, Black Hole increases a level for every 2 enemies consumed. Now, once Black Hole has reached level 4, all enemies will be attempted to be dragged in within a 19/24/29 meter radius and will be staggered. Black Hole will implode 3 seconds after reaching level 4 and will levitate all enemies within a 19/24/29 meter radius with special effects. (Assuming it is at level 4) When it implodes, Black Hole will do 3000/3500/4000 radiation damage to enemies within a 19 meter radius, enemies within a 24 meter radius will take 2000/2500/3000 heat proc damage, and all enemies within a 29 meter radius will levitate 3 meters off the ground for 5 seconds. Black Hole has a duration of 5/7.5/10 seconds in order to level up. If it does not level up in time, range and damage will be proportionate to the level Black Hole is at when it implodes (This means Black Hole will start to implode once 8 enemies are consumed no matter what). Level 1 is 25% damage, 2 is 50%, 3 is 75% and 4 is 100%|Ability duration is affected by duration mods; Ability range is affected by range mods; Ability strength is affected by strength mods| Energy cost is 100

Passive: Newton's Law-For as long as Apollo remains in the air, He will generate 5 energy per second. This also includes when Drift is active.

Here is a possible synergy between Drift and Fullforce Flux: When in drift, casting range for flux is doubled and if casted, enemies are raised into the air for 2 seconds and then slammed back down to the ground stripping 75% of shields and armor (affected by power strength) for the remaining duration of flux.

Drift is Apollo's subsume ability.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please let me know what you think. Comments, questions and concerns are welcomed. I will try to provide illustrations of what I would like for Apollo to look like hopefully in the future in this thread. 

13 hours ago, Acquardio_ said:

Inertia(This is your basic DR ability) Apollo changes the gravity around his body to soften incoming blows providing 25%/50%/75% damage reduction. At the end of Inertia, a percentage of the damage that was reduced is converted into to shields that caps into over-shields. This ability lasts for 10/15/20 seconds. |Ability Duration is affected by duration mods; DR provided is affected by ability strength with a cap of 90%|-(Shield conversion is a set value TBD) Energy cost is 25

This I like, it's a bit fresh

Drift- Apollo embraces his inherit weightlessness and becomes free from gravity's shackles. Apollo is able to fly freely at his sprint speed for a short duration of 6/8/10 seconds. Cancel Drift while above ground to piledrive straight down at a great speed. This does damage in an AOE with special effects. Initial damage of the piledrive is 400/600/800 impact damage. All enemies within an 8/12/16 meter radius will float 3 meters above the ground for 5 seconds (This cannot be changed). All enemies within a 4/6/8 meter radius will also float and affected by heat procs (stats of heat proc damage and duration TBD)|Ability duration (along with status duration) is affected by duration mods; Movement speed in Drift is affected by sprint speed mods; Piledrive damage and heat proc damage is affected by power strength mods| Energy cost is 50

Wait what can't be changed? Duration, height of floating enemies, or both,

Fullforce Flux-Apollo crushes and tires his enemies with the force of several atmospheres, CC-ing them for a duration of 8/12/16 seconds within a 10/15/20 meter radius. Enemies affect by Fullforce Flux provides life steal when damaged by Apollo and his allies for 2%/4%/6% of life steal. (This ability does not do any damage by itself) |Ability duration is affected by duration mods; Ability range is affected by range mods; Life steal is affected by power strength mods| Energy cost is 75

This I don't get, why is he healing?

Black Hole

Sounds like epicness !

I like them all, especially  the last, the only one that throws me off is that 3rd ability

8 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:
22 hours ago, Acquardio_ said:

Wait what can't be changed? Duration, height of floating enemies, or both,

Both the height and duration enemies float at after the piledrive mechanic for Drift is used cannot be affected by mods. I didn't want it to be too similar too rhino's stomp.

8 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:
22 hours ago, Acquardio_ said:

Fullforce Flux-Apollo crushes and tires his enemies with the force of several atmospheres, CC-ing them for a duration of 8/12/16 seconds within a 10/15/20 meter radius. Enemies affect by Fullforce Flux provides life steal when damaged by Apollo and his allies for 2%/4%/6% of life steal. (This ability does not do any damage by itself) |Ability duration is affected by duration mods; Ability range is affected by range mods; Life steal is affected by power strength mods| Energy cost is 75

This I don't get, why is he healing?

I want Apollo to have some kind of squad utility/support. My initial thought process was since enemies are being held in place by the force of several atmospheres, that they would be exhausted, and then could be under the effect of life steal. It is weird thematically. I can probably rethink some sort of utility mechanic that can come out of Fullforce Flux, like enemies caught within the ability have a chance to drop an energy orb when killed? That sounds more in place with the theme. Honestly if you or other people have suggestions about his third I'm plenty happy to hear. However his 3rd by itself is just an AOE CC.

Thanks for taking time to look into my concept though, I really appreciate it! Share with your pals if you think this will interest them. I know he'll never actually be adapted into the game but the fun thing about concepts is creating a character and seeing how many people are into it.

Archived