Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Signatures

Nod_Off

It has just come to my attention, through a warning point of all things.... That signatures are not allowed... I feel like this is a massive flaw, and should be fixed, as it is definately an issue....

We cant even add in our own avatars, so a signature is the least we can do to set ourselves apart, and give ourselves some sort of identity.

Shoot we cant even have clan tags at this point... I feel that these things are hinder the social aspects of the game immensely.

Edited by Zackai

Signatures adds nothing, in my opinion. All it does is create dead space between posts. I'm for avatars though!

QFT.

And also... I've come to kinda appreciate the "facelessness". Adds to the whole "species of memory-loss plagued ninja assassins" thingie.

I disagree, and feel that it also falls in with the lack of clan tag, etc. The novelty of "facelesness" wears off quickly. And the lack of personal/Clan identity gets old.

Give it another 2-3months, and you will get tired of seeing the same pictures, on the same background day after day after day.

Signatures adds nothing, in my opinion. All it does is create dead space between posts. I'm for avatars though!

Look at the posts now, look at all of that empty dead space that is there without signatures.... So your poot is moot.

Edited by Zackai

I would personally enjoy some kind of way to give myself identity on these forums... even through signatures, avatars or some other way.

Currently, I can't remember the username of anyone on this forum due to this faceless presentation. D:

Avatars, to me, are the number-1 identification method used on forums... I suppose I'm sort of a visual-type, but still...

I know it is additional administrative effort to counter the abuse of these features manually, but this can be handled by recruiting eager and polite forum members to handle moderation of these features (even if this brings other complications, it could help DE deal with this rapidly growing community).

Edited by Sherbniz

I would personally enjoy some kind of way to give myself identity on these forums... even through signatures, avatars or some other way.

Currently, I can't remember the username of anyone on this forum due to this faceless presentation. D:

Avatars, to me, are the number-1 identification method used on forums... I suppose I'm sort of a visual-type, but still...

I know it is additional administrative effort to counter the abuse of these features manually, but this can be handled by recruiting eager and polite forum members to handle moderation of these features (even if this brings other complications, it could help DE deal with this rapidly growing community).

You hit the nail on the head, it is extremely hard for me to remember anyone, or who said what, due to everybody basically melding and running together. I want to remember people! =D

QFT.

And also... I've come to kinda appreciate the "facelessness". Adds to the whole "species of memory-loss plagued ninja assassins" thingie.

I have to third this.

Signatures can even be distracting or just a huge waste of space.

Edited by Sollet

Small signatures are fine..limiting the characters and/or space they take up would solve a lot of problems. I've seen some people try and advertise their clans with huge pictures and walls of text in their posts, and stuff like this way too much.

A small banner telling everybody you are an Excalibur user or a personal text blurb that is your "quote of the day", there is nothing wrong with in my book.