Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Music Software For Potential Soundtrack

Decompose_

So DE being a forum nub I figured (since Im $&*&*#(%& excited about this idea) I had to throw this out there if you guys didnt already know about it.

Theres a software program out there called Aeon that has been used in major films and games like Transformers and Expendables, Gears of war. the list goes on. I figured with Warframes growth its about time for a new sound (yes I know there are new tracks currently underway) SO!!! I shall link and see if this idea should go un-noticed or fly off the hinges like so many ravenous fans at a beiber concert. 

Now, there are multiple packages for this product. Evolve, Damage, Melodic, Rhythmic, Mutations. They ALL have different qualities to offer. So many possibilities. Pricey, but it's worth the output. I hear this S#&$ and I think WARFRAME.

http://www.heavyocity.com/

have a look see and hope ya dig it. Might have to dig around and listen to some of the samples. 

ANYWAY this is my contribution as a newly appointed founder. Thanks gents

Edited by ZephonXienos

I'd prefer the audio team stick to the DAW that they're comfortable with, switching to a new DAW is a painful experience as you have to completely relearn the interface and not all of your VSTs work on it.

As a FL Studio user who recently took a crack at Ableton Live, I say it's probably best they stick with what they're good at already so they don't have to go through what I did XD

PS: The overall sound of the resulting song isn't tied to what software you're using if you're using one of the high end DAWs, that breaks down to the skill and intentions of the sound team at that point.

You can take Ableton, FL Studio, Cubase, etc., and load the exact same VSTs into them and ultimately produce roughly the same sound, with the only difference being some nuances of the software.

Edited by TheCometCE

I'd prefer the audio team stick to the DAW that they're comfortable with, switching to a new DAW is a painful experience as you have to completely relearn the interface and not all of your VSTs work on it.

As a FL Studio user who recently took a crack at Ableton Live, I say it's probably best they stick with what they're good at already so they don't have to go through what I did XD

PS: The overall sound of the resulting song isn't tied to what software you're using if you're using one of the high end DAWs, that breaks down to the skill and intentions of the sound team at that point.

You can take Ableton, FL Studio, Cubase, etc., and load the exact same VSTs into them and ultimately produce roughly the same sound, with the only difference being some nuances of the software.

From my understanding Aeon uses Kontakt 5 as it's virtual sampler. Aeon does not appear to be a DAW, just a collection of loops and samples.

The OP did make it sound like a DAW I admit. Likely though that OP may not have as much knowledge on the subject of music production software, or could just be new to it. If this is untrue then it should be made clear that we are speaking of a VST library so as not to be confusing.

Warframe could at least use some o' dat delicious Symphobia, perhaps mixed with StormDrum if they are incapable of using live orchestra. Most of the current tracks for Warframe sound both dated and done by an amateur to be honest.

Edited by Sophronius

Yeah no this is not a DAW it is a loop and library of other sounds that can be manipulated ect ect. And yes Im quite new to the music production aspect of online software unfortunatly. I was actually playing another game, Payday2 and noticed familier sounds from a few other games and movies so I researched a bit on how they produced their sounds and found this program. I havent really been able to get hands on with this software yet as its expensive as HAIL..but perhaps here in the near future I'll get to play with it a bit and see what I can come up with as well. This was just a "HOREY SHET COOL STUFF" post to be really honest and wanted to see if DE would look into it granted that they are already making new music for frame but it could be a cool idea to get some great sounds and tunes without having to go with live orchestra or what have you.