Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xata's Whipser don't work properly with Cedo alt fire (and probably other weapons with alt fire)

lukinu_u

Just as a reminder, here is how Xata's Whisper works :
Xata's Whisper create a second damage instance equal to 26% of the total weapon damage, with chances for a void status based one the weapon status chance.

On Cedo when using the alt fire, the second damage instance appear as intented, but have extremly low status chance, despite the status chance of alt fire mode being over 100%.
My assumption is that Xata's Whisper use the status chance of the weapon primary fire regardless of the fire mode used.

I also tested with Euphona Prime and the same thing seems to happens, even if I'm not sure because the number of pellets make it hard to test.

• 9 months later...

So apparently, the bug isn't related to Xata Whisper, but to how Cedo secondary fire works :

Instead of the listed status chance, it has 0% status chance with a guaranteed proc of a randomly selected primary element (heat/toxin/cold/electicity)+ randomly selected damage type from the weapon (modded).

It means :

• The base listed 50% status chance is a lie, since it always do 2 status (which even if not affected by mods, should be stated at 100% or 200% ?).
  • Modding the weapon don't affect the status chance, which is especially bad on a hybrid weapon like Cedo because there is no compromise to do when modding.
  • Any effect that use the status chance of the weapon (here Xata's Whisper) will take that 0% instead of the listed status chance.

Replacing the forced status from modded element with the actual status chance would be beneficial in my opinion.
It let the weapon go above 100%, but it would also require hybrid build to do so, which would balance the weapon.

Archived